CHAPTERFIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Spooky Jim was panting when he shot up. It was dark outside, and he had no clue as to where the hell he was. "Fucking hell," he groaned. An alarm clock was next to him. It read 2:21 AM. It wasn't day yet.

Spooky was late to find out he wasn't alone. A pair of gleaming red eyes and dark hair was across the room, staring at the ceiling fan, wide awake. Blurryface jumped slightly when the redhead awoke.

"Shit, you okay?" Blurry asked, worry laced in his tone.

Spooky Jim was breathing heavily, "It keeps replaying, it won't go away." He paused, gulping. "She won't go away."

"Can I get you water or something?" Blurryface asked, getting off of his blankets on the floor and sitting up beside the bed. His tone was soft, tired and concerned. It was so, not him to Spooky. He was used to the dark and deadbeat version of the boy.

But then again, Spooky didn't truly know Blurryface.

"My head hurts like hell."

"Did you drink?"

"No, not tonight. I don't know, it's probably just—"

"No need to elaborate if you don't want to," Blurry interfered. "Do you wanna come with me downstairs? It's fine if you wanna be alone though," he asked, standing up.

"Sure," Spooky replied, running a hand through his vibrant red hair and getting out of the bed. He was sweaty, still shaken from the dream.

The two boys walked downstairs, both making sure to keep quiet because of Blurryface's sleeping household. The kitchen was close to the stairs, the red eyed boy opening the fridge to access the water. He opened the cabinet to get out a black mug, filling it with water afterwards. He handed it to his guest, their fingers touching slightly in the dark.

Spooky Jim shivered again, this time from the touch, to which Blurryface retracted his hand and flinched. "Fuck, m'sorry." he whispered.

"It's alright, don't worry about it," the brown eyed boy replied.

The two stood there in silence before Spooky set down the mug. "So, uh, were you still awake when I woke up?" he asked quietly.

"I have sleeping troubles. Doctors said it was something close to insomnia or whatever," Blurryface explained. Spooky Jim's eyes widened slightly. Blurry himself didn't know why he was telling the other this.

"Have you tried sleeping pills?"

Blurryface looked down at his feet, hesitating. "Caroline doesn't allow them."

The redhead blinked, "Oh?" He meant for it to come out as a simple reply, but his voice heightened to where it sounded more like a question.

"The last time there were sleeping pills, I tried to kill myself," Blurry lamented, squinting his eyelids closed and sighing in regret after letting it out. He was going too far.

"Was that the week you weren't at school last year?"

Blurry froze. "Yeah. Got too lost in my own head. That's why I didn't talk."

Suddenly Spooky felt like shit. He had been an absolute ass to Blurry during that time. "I'm sorry," he said. "Sorry that I was like that to you back then. I didn't know."

"No worries, I deserved it. I was, and still am, a jackass about that shit."

"But you didn't deserve to be depressed or whatever," Spooky countered.

"I don't have depression, man," Blurry told him. "Just a little fucked over. Don't pity me." He looked down, folding his arms. "Besides, it was a year ago, it's over now. And now this happened, so don't worry about me."

Spooky's jaw dropped, and he shut it closed quick after. "Blurryface, are you okay?" It was a mere mutter.

"No, no I'm not."

And suddenly Spooky Jim was wrapping his arms around Blurryface's waist, letting the other rest his head on Spooky's shoulder. Blurry froze at first, not knowing how to react. His breath shortened out of surprise, but when Spooky didn't move, he relaxed a little. He didn't know who needed the hug more. They stayed like that, hugging in the small kitchen for a second, before they broke off awkwardly.

"This is so weird." Blurry frowned. His eyes were wide and bright red. You could tell he was afraid, but also weirded out.

The taller nodded, "Yeah. It is."

AUTHORS NOTE

i hope you all are doing well, stay safe please.