CHAPTERSIXTYSIX

CHAPTER SIXTY SIX

Caroline is standing in the kitchen, filling out an agenda quietly. Blurry takes in how collected she is, graceful and poised yet focused. He wishes that he could be half the person she was. This, however, doesn't start with him interrupting her.

"Hey," Blurry cleared his throat, walking into the kitchen slowly.

Caroline was quick to take notice of him, smiling and clicking her blue pen shut as she closed the book. "Hi, Blurry. What's up?"

"So I'm going to this New Years thing with my friends, and they're all planning on staying over at the person's house, meaning I am too. Is that alright with you?" Blurry was hesitant wording it, and he didn't exactly know why. Caroline knew his friends took him to parties. She knew he didn't drink or do drugs or have random hook ups. She trusted him with this kind of stuff, yet he didn't know why this in particular made him so worried.

"Staying over, huh? That's a step up from the other stuff you've done." Caroline folded her arms. "Man, your friends go headfirst into this stuff, don't they?"

"Yeah, it's not my thing really but it sounds fun for what it's worth, y'know?" Blurry looked down at his feet, crossing them.

"I know! It's fine. I just want to make sure you're safe. Considering you've come home from things like this and it hasn't looked too good."

Blurry knew she was talking about the one night he offered to take Spooky home, way before they ever started any of this. But it was only once, and it wasn't either of their faults. "Yeah. I'll be safe."

"I know you will. Is Spooky going to be there?"

Blurry couldn't stop the pink rising to his cheeks, "Yes."

"I trust both of you to be safe, so as long as that's the case, then I don't see many problems with staying over. Just take care of yourselves okay? Don't do anything dumb, make sure you know what's going on around you and all that. You're both good kids." Caroline smiled again.

"So it's good?"

"It's good. Tell me when you're on your way home though, okay?"

"Yes ma'am." Blurry nodded, turning around to walk off.

"Oh, and Blurry?" Caroline leaned around the corner of the wall. "Don't come home pregnant!"

At this point Blurry was red, rolling his eyes, "Oh my God, Caroline."

"Just looking out for you!"

The party wasn't anything far from Blurry's expectations at all. It was maybe a step up from the usual parties because it was bigger, and there were definitely more people here. The music was loud and the bass was heavy, clusters of people everywhere as normal. Blurry (unfortunately) knew this house well from being here so much, so it didn't take long for him and Spooky to find the group, seated on the L shaped sofa like always. They were met with smiles and loud greets, Spooky pulling the brunet in close.

"What took you little fucks so long?" Devotee asked, his arm wrapped with Violent's.

Hurricane laughed and took a sip of her punch that was probably spiked. "I don't think you wanna ask that!"

"There was a lot of traffic," replied Spooky.

Blurry recalled the long drive, rolling his eyes when Hurricane laughed even louder and added a sarcastic "Sure! Traffic."

"Hey, I'm going to go get some drinks, you want something? There should be some water or soda, and I can check if the punch is spiked if you want anything," The redhead spoke close to Blurry, the music was loud and pounding and it helped to make things clearer.