CHAPTERFORTYTWO

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Blurryface exhaled, resting his head back onto a seemingly soft pillow, looking at the ceiling. "That was—fuck."

The brown eyed boy hummed, "Find another word, you always say that."

"Okay," Blurry rolled his eyes, "That was...enjoyable."

"It better have been," Spooky replied back. "You sound exhausted."

"And who's fault is that, dumbass?"

"Oh, it's definitely my fault, I'm well aware of that," Spooky Jim smirked, eyes on the brunet's bare skin. "But we didn't even do much, you're acting like—"

"Well I'm sorry, but having your ass eaten takes the fucking life out of you, dickhead!"

Spooky giggled. "I wouldn't know."

Blurry nudged his leg, scoffing. "Yeah, and while you were doing all of this you were also giving me a lecture on how you were gonna make sure that no one would ever try and take me from you again. You're a possessive little shit, it's overwhelming."

"Just want to make sure nobody steals my pretty boy from me," the red haired boy replied in a whisper, kissing more at a mark on the boy's neck, deepening the color that was already there.

Blurryface craned his head, "You're dead set on that nickname aren't you?" he murmured.

"It fits you, and if I use it in the right way, it gets you all flustered," Spooky grinned slightly, biting softly at the red eyed boy's ashy neck.

The brunet gasped quietly. "I guess. You're still a fucking idiot for thinking that I would leave you for some random ass person. I would never."

The two met for a slow kiss, lips lingering for a second before the taller boy broke it off.

"We used to hate each other," Blurryface sighed.

"I dunno, still kinda want to punch you in the face half the time," Spooky replied.

Blurry bit his lip. "The feeling is mutual."

They laid in silence, staring at each other for a while. Blurry shifted further into Spooky's warm chest, sighting.

"I'm sorry," Spooky whispered. "Don't think I've said that enough."

"What are you sorry for?"

"For being a complete dick to you. Y'know, last year," Spooky frowned

"Don't apologize, Spooky. It's over and done with. We're obviously different people now."

"Yeah," he said, "I get that, but it doesn't mean you don't deserve an apology. I came off as a complete cunt, and I didn't mean to. I don't think I understood, but I mean now I do. So I do want to say I'm sorry. Because you didn't deserve that after all the shit you went through."

"I deserved it," Blurry shrugged, "but thanks. I mean... I was an ass too. I didn't handle anything well at all and I shouldn't have even tried to come after you or anything. I messed a ton of shit up back then, but it's done now. Now we're here, so I guess we can shove it aside," the boy said.

They stared at each other again, and Spooky looked as if he was melting.

"You're fucking beautiful," Spooky deadpanned.

Blurryface blushed, trying to hide his face in the other. Spooky paused it, pushing the brunet's chin up so they were eye to eye again.

"So you've told me," Blurry muttered.

"But I mean it," the redhead argued, brown eyes sharp. "You're literally the most attractive person I've ever known. Even your mind, it's all dark and mysterious and poetic. I keep finding new things that I've never noticed before, and not one of them is unappealing at all. I mean, I know you hear shit like this all the time, but damn."

""Thank you," Blurryface grinned, cheeks pink.

"I mean it."

"Shut up." More kisses, more quiet staring. Blurry had a newfound appreciation for his boyfriend's eyes.

Spooky uncrossed his ankles. "We still need to get cleaned up."

"No shit," Blurryface mumbled back. "I would get up and help you but I don't feel like moving."

Spooky Jim smirked. "Don't worry, Blur. I've got it."

The red eyed boy nodded, watching as his boyfriend got himself off the bed, His eyes lingered on all the little freckles on the redhead's back and shoulders. He was exhausted and very deep into his own head by now, but when Spooky returned with a dampened cloth and then got right back in bed with the brunet, holding him close, Blurry realized one of his biggest fears had come true.

AUTHORS NOTE

if anyone has instagram, i made an account for my spookyface art literally for this book
the @ is dangeroussarcasm
i'm so original
anyways that's it