CHAPTERFIFTYTWO

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

Pulling the red beanie on and grabbing his bag, Blurry ran down the stairs quickly, waving bye to his step mother before heading out the front door. Spooky's car was running outside on the curb, the redhead watching as Blurryface walked over, opening the door and sliding in. He dropped his bag to his feet.

"Morning, asshole," Spooky greeted teasingly. Blurry flicked him off in response, scoffing.

"Hello to you too, shitbag."

"I've gotta admit, i've never heard that one before, Blur."

"Fuck off."

Neither of the boys were morning people in any way, so if they ever did communicate, it was usually by insulting each other until they both just decided to shut up. The drive was silent, an alternitave radio playing in place of their voices.

"Did you get sleep?" Spooky quipped.

"Yeah, I'm still tired, but I also chugged a Red Bull at like, 6 AM this morning," the brunet replied airily, staring out the window.

"Of course you did," Spooky rolled his eyes.

"Why exactly did you pick me up today?"

"Because you got harassed yesterday and I don't want that to happen again," the redhead stated plainly. Blurry groaned slightly.

"Oh my God, it's not going to happen again," the brunet insisted, ashy black hand coming into contact with his face. "The only reason that I didn't punch back was because I felt like I was dying."

"Well, Blurry, it really fucking sucks to see your fucking boyfriend next to dead while you contemplate calling 911." Spooky shot back. "And I don't know about you, but I really don't want you to die or anything. I'm not going to fucking lose you."

"You're not going to lose me," Blurry replied sharply. "I was breathing too, so I'm definitely not going to die."

"Good." Spooky turned into the school parking lot, settling for the back of the parking lot as he stopped the car, turning the engine off. "Your birthday is in a few days."

"You still have something planned?"

"Obviously," Spooky kept his brown eyes on the red that opposed him, "I have multiple things planned."

"Should I be scared?" Blurry raised his eyebrows.

"Not in the slightest." the other replied easily.

The two made it into the school, walking straight over to Devotee, Violent Cain and Nicotine. The three were chatting in the corner, Nicotine laughing.

"Holy fuck, Blurry!" Devotee exclaimed immediately, looking at the brunet. "You good?"

Blurry nodded, "Yeah, I think so."

Spooky tensed when Devotee clapped Blurryface's shoulder.

"I'm glad, you scared the fuck outta us."

Violent and Nicotine stood by quietly, eyes kept on Blurry. Spooky stood close. The bell rang, and the pair decided to go ahead and leave, though neither wanted to go to class. They kept their hands clasped together, something that usually didn't happen.

Blurryface froze.

Spooky took notice of this, looking at him with concern. "Okay?"

Red eyes were slanted to someone across the hall. "That's—"

Spooky's mouth opened in realization, and in a split second he was letting go of Blurry's hand and furiously snapping his head in the direction of the student. "Stay here," he growled.

"You fucking idiot, no!" Blurry argued. "If someone catches you, you'll be suspended!"

"I'm not going to put up a fight, calm."

Blurry winced, reaching to hold the brown eyed boy back, but it was no use. He was already walking over to the boy, who was busy talking to a girl. In fact, it was the girl who had asked out Blurry all those months ago. Blurryface scrunched his nose in distaste immediately.

Spooky's face was close and threatening to the male, height slightly above the unknown student. After some incoherent threats that Blurry heard above other things, the guy stepped back in defense, leaving Spooky to walk back promptly to his boyfriend. The athlete dragged the girl off, who started questioning him.

"What the hell did you say?" the red eyed boy hissed, dragging the redhead further down the hall.

"If he lays one more of his shitty fingers on your body again, he's going to wish he wasn't alive," Spooky muttered towards his boyfriend. Blurry shivered, something that didn't happen often.

"Protective ass," he breathed.

"Of course I am," the other pulled the brunet closer. "You don't deserve the shit you get, Blur. M'just making sure you're taken care of."

"As do I," Blurry responded, looking up at the taller. "Guess we're both assholes."

"Correct me if I'm mistaken, but that's what we do best, Blurryface."

"Obviously," the brunet gave him a sarcastic smile.

AUTHORS NOTE

these two distract themselves so much from important shit like,,, as if blurry didn't go into a sleeping trance yesterday smh they're stupid as all hell