CHAPTERFORTYNINE

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

The halls were crowded between classes, Blurryface walking at a slower pace as he passed clumps of people to get to his next class. He was tired, eye bags heavy and legs dragging ever so slightly. He wanted to fall and pass out in all honesty. Nights got worse, mornings weren't ever any better.

The brunet saw his group, watching their gazes. Hurricane motioned him to join them. He shook his head. "I gotta go," he said, starting to walk off. Despite his efforts, Blurry was stopped by a pale hand latching onto his arm, and he was spun around to face Spooky. The red eyed boy groaned, darting his eyes down hurriedly. "What do you want?"

"Hey," was all that came in return.

The brunet narrowed his eyes, the red brightening. "Wh—" Spooky brought his boyfriend's chin up with soft fingers, smiling.

"You're pretty."

Taken aback, he blushed, but shook his head after. Blurry scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Shut the fuck up." He then sighed exhaustedly, shifting on his feet. The redhead smirked, but it was replaced with a frown when he saw the tired state of the shorter.

"You good?" Spooky asked with concern, eyes glued on the brunet.

"No, I honestly just wanna fall down and die." Blurryface lamented.

The redhead's dark eyes widened, and his hand slid from Blurry's arm down to one of his stained hands slowly.

"Calm down, Spooks. I didn't seriously mean that. I'm just really fucking tired," he murmured softly.

"Oh," Spooky's breath hitched, "how much sleep did you get last night, Blur?"

The brunet hummed, "I was working on missed work last night. I didn't get much sleep."

"So if I asked to see your Algebra II work and your essay outline right now, they would be completed?"

Blurryface was silent, averting his eyes once again.

"That's what I thought," Spooky Jim sighed, taking both of the other's hands and giving them a small squeeze. "Do you need to go home? I can take you home."

The red eyed boy shook his head, "If I miss anymore school I might get murdered. I'm so behind." His voice faltered, and the other's eyes saddened at the notion.

The taller nodded. "Just want to make sure you're okay. Can I do anything?"

Blurry shook his head no, eyes closed as he breathed softly. "No. M'okay." He let go of Spooky's grip, turning. The redhead put a hand on his shoulder to stop him from walking off.

Blurry turned around, confused. Spooky stepped closer, cupping his face and giving him a slow kiss before pulling back. Blurryface kept his eyes closed, opening them when Spooky let go on his cheeks. He stepped back and walked off without any further comments.