CHAPTERFIFTYNINE

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

dev
meet me in the bathroom

spooks
is everything ok

dev
no

spooks
k hold on

The class was occupied in their own conversations, as a group project was assigned but nobody was really doing it. The redhead stayed in his seat next to Blurry, Soul Punk in front of them, talking quietly to Jet Star. Blurryface tapped his foot quietly, scratching words into his arm, eyes sharp on what he was writing. Spooky looked at him carefully, tapping his shoulder. Blurry looked up.

"Hey, Devotee needs to talk, you good here?"

Blurryface nodded, lips parted and red from where he was biting down. "Yeah."

Soul, having overheard their small exchange, looked over quietly, a small smirk resting on his lips. His eyebrows were raised slightly, eyes on the brunet across from him.

Spooky saw this and narrowed his eyes, turning to face the bleach blonde, who let him lean in close. Beauty's expression was blank and almost expectant as he looked up. "Do one thing to him, and you're fucking dead, you hear?" The taller's voice was low, almost in a growl.

Soul only narrowed his eyes mockingly, huffing.

"I'll be back," the brown eyed boy announced quietly, getting up from his seat and taking the bathroom pass with him. Blurryface looked after him as he left with big eyes and sullen look on his face. He then slowly turned to face the blonde, who laughed.

"Calm down, I'm not going to do anything to you, asshat. Your big and tough boyfriend won't have to worry. What am I gonna do anyways? Push you out of your chair and call you names?"

Blurry remained muted, sighing and turning back to his desk.

Spooky paced down the hall fast, passing a group of students on his way. He tucked his phone away in the pocket of his jeans and pushed the door of the male bathrooms open, knowing he'd see the other right away. The bathroom was empty as far as he could tell, except for Devotee. He was slouched against the wall, putting his phone down as well when the door opened. He ran a hand through his hair and stood up quickly, letting the redhead make his way over.

"Fuck, man," the blue tinted stressed, his face full of worry.

"What happened?" Spooky whispered cautiously.

"Don't worry," Devotee looked at himself in the mirror, "Nobody's here."

"That—that doesn't matter? What happened, D? Did you break up?"

"No, well... I mean, I don't know, not right now!" Devotee looked down at the ground, a hand on his neck as his horns curled.

"That makes no sense! What's wrong, Dev?"

"The party we all went to all those months ago—that one that was all over Snapchat, right?"

Spooky shifted, "Yeah? The one with the person walking in on...?"

"Yeah. The girl. So basically, I ended up drinking a shit ton and me and Violent were smoking pot or something in like the corner. Nicotine said he was going to go and get some more booze, so he did. And It was fine. Me and Violent were okay alone for a second. And then eventually, N came back and it was fine, and he would go to get more drinks until he was basically wasted. That's when he wandered off. We didn't see him again for the rest of the night."

Spooky blinked, following along. "What happened then?"

"He—he told me earlier that he got," Devotee gulped, "he went and hooked up. With a girl."

"Oh my God, Dev—"

"No, wait, there's more." Devotee smiled pathetically, wiping at his cheek.

"She's not...?" asked Spooky quietly, head wandering.

The other nodded quickly, putting a hand over his mouth. "She is. And she doesn't want it, so Nicotine offered to take it because he didn't want her to get an abortion, or put it up for adoption or-or anything, and so apparently this morning he was thinking about it, and his parents got mad, so now I'm taking it because he trusts me, but he doesn't want to break up because he cheated, but he feels really bad and now I'm just fucking stuck with his child."

"Fuck, Dev, what the hell are you going to tell your parents?"

"I don't know! I have no clue! I don't know how to take care of a fucking child or anything oh fuck!"

"Wait, wait, hold on. How far along is she, and who the fuck is it?"

"N said she was 9 weeks and it's some sophomore from another school. Fuck, I'm so scared. My mom's gonna put me on house arrest or some shit, God," he sniffed.

"This is insane, Dev," Spooky muttered in the palms of his hands.

"I know."

Spooky looked back at the door, biting his lip. This was bad. This was really bad. This was bad, and the fact that he had to leave Blurry alone to be tormented was almost just as bad. "Shit, I gotta go, Bl—"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Go ahead, just thought I'd tell you," Devotee cut him off, shooing the redhead with his hands.

"Text me updates, okay?"

The dark haired boy nodded.

Spooky Jim smiled sympathetically, giving Devotee a side hug. He left the bathroom shortly after, standing outside to assess what the fuck he'd just heard.

AUTHORS NOTE

16