CHAPTERFOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Caroline?" The boy's voice echoed in the foyer.

The blonde woman stepped from the kitchen, seeing Blurryface and Spooky Jim in front of the door.

"Um, This is my friend Spooky, he's gonna stay the night if that's alright. Sorry if I bothered you," Blurry mumbled.

The redhead behind him was silent and stared into a seeming abyss as Caroline smiled, "Of course, Blurry. Don't stay up too long through, and try and keep quiet. Your father is sleeping."

"Yes ma'am."

Spooky Jim just stared, following Blurryface up the stairs to his room. The room still looked like it was damaged from a tornado, but Spooky Jim could care less, deep brown eyes flicking down to some stray papers every once and awhile to see the phrases kept on them.

"You can take the bed, I can sleep on the floor," Blurry mumbled.

"You're a lot nicer at home." Spooky observed, removing his shoes.

Blurry met Spooky's rather puzzled eyes, sighing, "She's the only sane one, I shouldn't be an ass around her. But I'm not," Blurry air quoted, "nice to the others."

Spooky nodded. He had never seen the soft edge of Blurry until tonight, even after knowing him for over a year.. It was different, and that wasn't good or bad. It was just, different. Unsettling.

"Are you sure you wanna sleep on the floor?"

"You need as much comfort as you can get, just be quiet and sleep, okay?" Blurryface whispered, eyes bright red.

"Okay. Goodnight, Blurryface...?" Spooky's remark came out more like a question. He never really thought he'd be in this situation ever. Blurry wasn't his most favourite, but his least favourite person also wasn't the black handed boy.

"Night."

It was a good few minutes later, and Spooky was sound asleep, his red hair scruffled as he laid against the pillow, arm draped around it. The light was off.

Blurryface was picking up his mess, phone flashlight in hand when Caroline knocked softly on the door, peeking in to see Spooky Jim sleeping. "Blurry?" she murmured, "Can we talk?"

Blurryface groaned, rolling his eyes. He hummed, nodding and slowly making his way out the door.

"Is your friend okay?" Caroline asked, facing Blurryface outside in the hallway.

"Uh, he got into some trouble at the party, and uh, he got knocked up really bad. I decided it would be best if he had someone with him until tomorrow, so I took matters into my own hands. Sorry it was so abrupt."

"That's sweet of you, Blurry, it's nice to see you be kind like that." Caroline smiled.

"I guess," Blurry muttered.

"Alright, well, call me if you two need anything. Get some rest, please."

"Alright," and with that, Caroline turned around to walk to her room, leaving Blurryface looking straight ahead before shaking his head slightly and reentering his bedroom.