CHAPTERTWENTYTHREE

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Blurry sat at the end of Spooky Jim's bed, using a pen to etch into his skin quietly as the two listened to The Killers in the background. He'd been over for a good half hour yet the two hadn't even started (thanks to Spooky's brother, who asked about Blurryface).

Spooky's assignment was out, but he wasn't focused on that. Blurryface sat near him writing lyrics on his own skin and that seemed far more important. It was Blurryface after all, Spooky reminded himself to keep an eye out for Blurry because he may still be in trouble. Spooky Jim told himself he would repay the red eyed boy's deed if he ever had to. That day wasn't today however. And Blurry seemed.. fine. He wished he was doing something better with his weekend rather than sitting on his bed watching his loose friend pay 0 attention and write terrifying messages on his arms.

"Blurry?"

"Yeah, Spooky?"

"I'm bored as fuck. I-I have a— please don't get mad when I say this—"

Blurry groaned, "Oh God, should I be scared?"

"No, but I want to go to another party."

Spoke Jim froze slightly as Blurry stopped writing and whipped his head over, "Excuse me?" It was a more sensitive topic now, and he'd already talked it over with the boy once before. They didn't want to. Not after that one night.

"I want to go to another party," The brown eyed boy clarified, "I miss the feel to it."

Blurrys eyes widened, "Spooky, I don't...you could...I'm scared tha—"

"Like, I don't want to y'know do anything, I just, I miss the background noise and the fact that I'm with our group and eating all the food, it's really weird. I wouldn't do anything. I'd sit in a room the entire time." Spooky Jim explained.

"What's the point of that?"

"I just miss it." Spooky blanked, blinking his red eyelids. "My Snapchat story is boring."

"Fuck your story, Spooky. Right, okay, go to a party. But I don't want you to get hurt," Blurryface said softly.

"I'll be okay, Blurry. That was a one time thing. I'm over it." The two looked at each other for a moment before Blurryface spoke up.

"We haven't done your physics yet," he realized.

"Yeah, we should probably do that," Spooky replied, shifting himself next to Blurryface, who had put down the pen and started to read over the papers. Spooky looked down at his arms. The ink was considerably less today. Blurry caught him looking, clearing his throat so Spooky could focus instead on his homework.

Blurry ended up staying until 10 PM, not for any particular reason. They talked, and Blurry wrote more on his skin. Spooky didn't question it. They ended up listening to a band that had been formed by one of their classmates. The band was good, and the two sat quietly as the music played. Conversations were short, some dull and some thoughtful. The only thing Blurryface couldn't get out of his head was the fact that Spooky actually wanted to go to another party.

Why would Spooky ever want to put himself in a situation like that ever again? Maybe the possibilities in Blurry's head were too extravagant, maybe he was overthinking it. People coped with different things in different ways than others, and he tried to keep it in his mind. Plus, if Radio had any smarts, she would know not to show at another party and pull that again. The line between Blurry not wanting Spooky to go to a party for his own good and Spooky's good was becoming extremely fuzzy in a quick matter of time, and it scared him.

Spooky didn't know jackshit about Blurry, and vice versa.

So why was Blurry letting himself care so much?