CHAPTERTWO

CHAPTER TWO

"Young Menace, please don't throw papers in my classroom!" the teacher yelled as he walked in the doorway, distraught. In return, the student only laughed, shoving his partner in the arm.

Spooky Jim rolled his eyes, trying to focus on the assignment again. Nobody was actually attentive in this class, but the boy's goal was to stay focused. There was a test tomorrow, and if he didn't study he would fail easily. His efforts were worthless. He was interrupted yet another time by a tap on his shoulder. Spooky turned to see Fun Ghoul staring at him.

"Can I help you?" he asked, annoyed. They never talked, and it was for a reason. It had been what, over a year?

"Yeah, can you give this to Party?" the ebony whispered, slipping Spooky Jim a folded note. Spooky almost laughed. It was almost as if Ghoul was trying to piss off the redhead today, or maybe the universe just hated him. Fun Ghoul had a phone right on his desk, one that could so easily be used to communicate with his boyfriend two seats over instead of doing something as juvenile as passing notes. Something that didn't involve having to tap a classmate's shoulder every three seconds.

Spooky nodded, not wanting to piss anyone off, turning to his other side to slide the paper on to Party Poison's desk. Party took the note, unfolding it to read. Spooky was unable to catch what it said. Laughing, the other redhead flipped over the note and wrote something back. Why couldn't they just use their damn phones?

Spooky gave the message back to Fun Ghoul, looking back down at his own paper afterwards to continue. The pair on each side of him continued to have a conversation, verbally this time, and the entire class was loud enough as it is. Nobody would shut up, and Spooky's rubber band-like temper was about to snap. He just wanted to get this over with. The grip on his pencil was hard. Why couldn't people just shut the hell up for once? The two boys on either side of him could easily just move next to each other.

When Fun Ghoul asked the red-haired boy to pass another note to Party, Spooky Jim sighed quietly and announced he was going to the bathroom, leaving the classroom without further notice and in turn leaving the boys on either side of him to say whatever they pleased. He wasn't surprised, Spooky was doomed ever since the seating chart changed last week.

Down the hall, he tried to release some stress quietly as he made his way to the nearest male bathroom, flexing his fingers and rolling his shoulders back. A boy looked at him from where he was standing in the hall with the tiniest bit of question towards how he was acting, and Spooky gave him a menacing glance in response, opening the door to the men's room.

The bathroom was empty, or so Spooky thought, until he walked in to see Devotee vaping in the corner in a casual fashion. Spooky upturned his nose as soon as he caught sight of it.

"God damnit, can't you go do that outside?" Spooky asked, slumping against the wall.

"You want some?" Devotee countered, blowing another puff of smoke from his lips.

"God no, I don't.. do that..." he gestured to the vape pen.

"You act like this shit gives you lung cancer, but okay. Your loss," Devoted shrugged, "why're you here?"

"Couldn't focus."

"What class?"

"Daver's, he put me in between Party and Ghoul last week and I'm fucking tired of them being annoying little shits."

"Ouch," Devotee sympathized, looking up at the lights. A puff of smoke rose to the ceiling.

"Do you just..." Spooky hesitated, cringing at Devotee's carefree state, "come in here and vape all the time? It's the third time I've seen you here this year alone."

"At least once or twice a week. School is too stressful and these ADHD meds have me going crazy."

"Oh," Spooky sighed again, running a hand through his hair.

"Did you notice something off about Blurry today?" the other boy piped up, glancing down at the redhead.

"Nope," Spooky replied, "Blurryface is always like that, bitchy yet completely hidden." To be completely honest, Spooky knew virtually nothing about the moody boy, just that he was mean most of the time, and completely shut off from the world.

Devotee hummed, "Okay, sure." He blew another puff out, grabbing a sharpie from his pocket. It was the kind you click to use. Appropriately clicking the pen open, he turned to the wall, which had already been damaged by the mounds of ink left by previous students. It could probably be counted as a "tag yourself" meme with the amount of stupidity in the various phrases and shameless Snapchat promos.

Next to a sloppy drawing of a penis, Devotee started writing for his own. "Spooky Jim is pissy with everything in this school," he rang, as if reading from a kindergarten book.

Spooky Jim rolled his eyes as the text, "What are you doing?"

"Writing facts," Devotee stated, cocking his head back to face Spooky.

"Asshole."

"Spooky Jim also thinks everyone is an asshole," Devotee continued. The squeak of the marker against the cement walls was prominent, the smell of that and the off-smelling vape pen combining to create an unpleasant fume that would probably ruin the redhead's hygiene.

Spooky groaned in response, flicking the sharpie out of Devotee's fingers and walking off, nose still scrunched. Devotee smiled sarcastically, waving after he picked the black marker up.