T̶H̶A̶N̶K̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶

thank you.

let me start off by stating some things at the start so in case you want to skim through the end you at least read the important stuff. this part isn't sappy by the way.

this book has a lot of events and tropes in it that can be seen as glorification or romanticism of bad things. and it's your choice on whether or not you want to bash me for it, and if you do, i understand.

but i will say that i do not condone a majority of the events that do happen in this book.
i do not condone underage drinking, drug usage/abuse, underage sex or violence and harassment of any kind (sexual, verbal, physical or emotional). i am not trying to glorify them either.

the perspective of this book is told in the views of two 17/18 year old kids who are doing what they think is right, and they also don't think much of the consequences to come. throughout the book, they were mean and hateful towards many other characters they had no right to be mean towards. in turn, many characters were just as mean back. they made a ton of mistakes, and especially for blurry's sake, took the relationship extremely fast. then again, they're young teenagers. they have hormones, and they're only doing what they think of in that moment. they are flawed.

blurry never got help for anything. all of this time he could have gone to a therapist to have someone to talk to instead of taking it out on his boyfriend and step mother. but then again, he was scared.

spooky never got off of his high horse. he was disrespectful to many people that seemingly knew more than he did, and all the time he could've told blurry that he needed to talk to someone, he didn't. because he wanted to be the one to make things right. he didn't want anyone getting in the way of things. but then again, he cared very highly for blurry and most likely didn't know what was best.

as a whole, their relationship can be looked at as borderline toxic at this point in their lives. blurryface was overly dependent on his boyfriend, and bottled things in until he couldn't hold it anymore, which threw a wrench in it for a good while. spooky was so sure of himself that he wouldn't let anything or anyone get in the way because he would go to the end of the world to make it work, but only if he was the one to help make it work. he was oblivious to logical and perfectly okay solutions to the many problems that arose in this book.

however, these are things for you to decide. was their relationship good or bad? will they break up or will they stay together? it's your choice. they are just kids, after all.

now, there is a definite answer in my mind, basically what is considered canon. and if you want, i'm commenting a summary on this line as to what happens after this book ends, and whether or not the consequences caught up with the boys. read it if you want.

now to get to the sappy shit!!

first of all, this book is my actual child. i basically consider blurry and spooky like fictional family members that i get pissed at all the time. i love this book as much as you all do, and i'm going to be honest, i basically ruined myself just as much as i did you all. because i want this to end up perfectly (which is why i went ahead and planned out their lives until they're about 40 yikes i'm sorry)

thank you so much for reading this. it means so much to me that you all like it as much as i do, and even if you were just here to read all the smut or whatever, i still wanna thank you. i posted this thinking that nobody would read it because who the hell wants to read a book that's not joshler but fucking blurryface and spooky jim right?

i do have to give a bunch of credit to evie, aka humtown on instagram (humtowns on wattpad). she basically created her own spookyface au a few years back and i was hooked on it. i did however, just take the basis of the ship. thank you evie for your lovely au! (go read her stuff it's amazing, and go check out her art. a clique art queen.)

the characterization is all on me, however. i've had this concept of two boys with these personalities in my head since about the sixth or seventh grade, but i just got around to giving them names and faces last year. and i'm glad i chose what i chose, i really can't imagine these boys as anyone else.

i'd like to thank a bunch of people.

i'd like to thank tyler joseph for his dumb album. and making his parasite demon alter ego have red eyes. that's hot. i'd also like to thank tyler for the concept of blurry, it changed me a lot.

i'd like to thank josh dun for making his dumb blurryface era character spooky jim, that's one hell of a name dude. also thanks for naming your dog jim so i can name spooky's dog josh!!

i'd like to thank evie for her amazing au and art

thank you so so much to lowlifejoseph for supporting me throughout this entire journey and giving me advice on what to do and just being a really really good friend to me. also for finding caroline's face claim!!! we love a helpful legend. you're a great person, i love you!!!!

thank you so so much to all of the people who have stayed with me from the very start in like april or may of 2017. y'all know who you are. you guys kept me running in the beginning and i'm forever grateful.

but also, i'd like to thank the people that have come in more towards the end that have been just as enthusiastic. you guys are so awesome and i'm also so grateful for you all. you're all what got me out of the mini hiatus i took.

id like to thank those that follow my instagram, thanks for supporting my wild art and headcanons, and getting excited with me. you're great.

now, with this all being said.

there will not be a sequel. simply because i don't think there's a good enough story to tell for a good sequel, and i'm very afriad id get upset with myself if i wrote it and i don't want to fall out of love with this au. so im sticking with writing oneshots about the rest of their life.

i also have been considering some point in the future (years away) of changing the names and appearances of the characters and the chapter formatting and getting with editors and publishers to possibly get this book published. that's a stretch though. (considering an ex harry styles fanfiction is being made into a movie and the kissing booth is on netflix, my hopes aren't too shattered)

but that may not happen, so don't let your hopes down (or get them up)

one last time, i want to thank you all.
this book has been one of the best things to ever happen to me and i'm forever grateful for every vote read and comment i get on here. i'm going to miss writing this so so much.

if you want to talk to me outside of wattpad, dm me for info! and if you have any questions for me or for the book or anything, leave em here, id love to talk!

i guess this is me signing off of here for now. i should have a new book up soon. catch me at the pilots show on november 2nd.

i love you all.