CHAPTERSIXTYTHREE

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

Spooky's family was the kind of family that got all fake happy during Christmastime, and then continued to question why the rest of the world didn't also wear a mask of faux joy. Spooky hated it, and he didn't like Christmas much either.

Not only did it mean that he too had to plaster on a smile with the most emotional glue he could muster up, but it also meant that the family's annual "meet-and-harass-your-children's-partners" dinner was also going to happen, and that was just about the last thing he'd ever want Blurry to have to experience. One wrong thing could set the shorter boy off into a spiral of doubt or anger, and he really wished his family didn't have to do this. If they said anything too bad, it would definitely fuck the poor boy's mind up for a while. That's what words did to Blurryface. They destroyed him. And Spooky's family loved to talk.

He fidgeted nervously over FaceTime, trying to calm the brunet of his own stress. Blurry's hair was tousled and messy, back facing the camera as he looked through his dresser. Spooky sat on the other end, sitting in his chair and listening to his family stress over the next day downstairs. It was Christmas Eve. Break had been good for the two of them, but they hadn't been able to spend much time together, as both of their families were absorbed in the holiday. That however, didn't stop the older from getting a few things for his boyfriend. He actually had an excuse this time.

"What the fuck do I wear?" Blurry yelled over the phone, and Spooky Jim could hear clothing being thrown everywhere. "I don't own any fancy clothes!"

"Yeah you do, dumbass. You wear the same nice white, collared long sleeve button up to school every day. Just wear that. Do you have a tie?"

"Yeah," he said, sounding disgusted. "Do I need that?" The paler could see the other's stained hand grab a tie from his lower drawer. It was thin and black.

"Yeah," Spooky laughed when he saw the other's pout. This only made Blurry more upset.

"Fuck off, stop laughing."

This just made the redhead laugh more, biting his lip. "Can't help it, sorry. Also, you don't need any nice pants. I've gotten away with my black skinny jeans for the past 6 years."

"Good to know, fuck, okay. Uh," Blurry stalled, "anything else? Can I just wear boots? And how do I need to do my hair? And—"

"Calm down, Blur. Just do whatever you think is good enough, but don't overdress. We aren't going to the Grammys or anything," Spooky grinned.

"But if I do one wrong thing, your mom will hate me more and I'll be banned from ever touching you again!" Blurry snapped. "What time are you picking me up again?"

"6:30. And my mom won't hate you, she'll love you for the time being."

"Fuck, I'm so scared, Spooks."

"You'll be alright, Blur. I'll be right there with you, nobody's gonna say anything. Also, I have a thing or two to give you before we eat so that's why I'm picking you up early," Spooky gave the boy a soft smile of reassurance, spinning around in his chair slightly.

"Ok, well I'm gonna get ready, I'm gonna put it on pause, hold up," Blurry sighed before picking the phone up. He could see the other's head snap towards the camera.

"But—"

"Oh shut up," the boy rolled his red eyes, pressing the home button and turning to the messy pile of clothes on his bed. He changed with ease, running multiple fingers through his hair. It had grown. Spooky sat quietly, checking the time. 30 minutes. He still had to change his shirt and brush his teeth, but he'd do that when the call ended. There was more shuffling from the other side after a while along with a small hiss, The brown eyed boy saw the other's face once more when he finished.

"Okay, this looks fine, right?"

Blurry flipped the camera so Spooky was faced with a mirror, the brunet in the reflection. He'd opted for the same shoes he wore on his birthday, jeans straight and rolled nicely along with his shirt. His hair was still a slight mess.

"More than fine," Spooky told him, standing up to grab his shirt.

"I'm going to slap you."

"Don't do that in front of my family," the tall boy joked. Blurry let out a sigh of defeat, camera angled parallel to his features that were currently looking down at his lap.

"Yeah, well I'll see you in a few, right?" Blurryface asked, lips out of frame.

Spooky hummed in conformation. The call ended, Blurry's doing, and it left the boy on his own to actually put himself together, used to the abrupt ending. He would end it "properly" or whatever, but he felt as if he'd scare Blurryface off if he did so. Even though he technically had no reason to be afraid of the tanner. Right now the only thing crossing Spooky Jim's mind was the scare of what his mother and father would have to say. His dad hadn't even met Blurry yet, so God knows what lies he was fed. He'd just have to wait. Midnight was currently on her way to get her "boyfriend" as well, and the redhead did have to admit to feeling bad about leaving them alone while he was gone. Oh well, they'd live, or so he guessed.

AUTHORS NOTE

this is most likely the last filler in this book.
anyways.

blurry's gone and his era is officially dead and i cried for a long ass time about it. but just in case you were wondering, blur and spooks aren't going anywhere, here at least.
no clancy
yet

anyways, what do y'all think of the dema/clancy stuff? im shocked they disbanded blurryface so quickly, even if the album and references to it were on the website. idk i think it's rlly cool but my heart still belongs to blurry even if this clancy dude is getting the spotlight. i was lowkey shocked all that happened, now we have to wait for the rest of it.

also, i don't care what any of y'all say but nothing will be as scary as the 2015 blurryface promotion. like the periscopes and dms and all that shit was terrifying. i mean this whole dema and tower of silence thing is scary too but they really did themselves like that was so wild. it really fucked me over and i wasn't even in the clique in 2015.

12