Bonus Chapter: Chapter 16

Shawn's POV

My fingers moved swiftly over the keys as I played. I smiled to myself, remembering all the times I'd sit here with my mother. Up until Khalan asked me to I barely touched this thing. And damn am I glad she did, I forgot the feeling it gave me.

"Shawn," my father interrupted as he walked into the room.

Ugh. What now?

"Oh let me guess, you've found yet another way to annoy me this beautiful day," I mused with a fake smile.

"You need to check your attitude," he warned. "Your behaviour last night was unacceptable."

So next time don't drop a bomb that your girlfriend's moving in. I hated those family dinners anyway. You force me to go, a bad attitude is what you're gonna get.

"You inviting random people into our home is unacceptable," I muttered.

"She's not a random person," he defended. "She's Isabelle. And I told you, it's just for a few weeks till the termite infestation in her house is taken care of."

I hit the keys one by one. "Weeks turn to months, months turn to years, years turn to a lifetime. And before you know it my mother will be nothing but a fading memory in this house."

"Sh-"

"What?" I question. "Clearly she already is to you."

I got up and headed outside, ignoring his calls from behind. Driving always helped me calm down. I entered and hit the road, no exact idea as to where I was going. I passed through Khalan's neighbourhood and spotted someone who looked familiar from a distance. I realized it was her when I got a bit closer.

"Michaels!" I shouted.

She turned and stopped when she recognized me.

"Hey," she said.

"Why are you out here walking by yourself?"

She shrugged. "Was bored I guess."

"Get in," I told her.

She arched an eyebrow. "Why?"

Still stubborn.

"For the last time, I'm not going to kidnap you," I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes but oened the door and got in.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know," I replied truthfully.

"So you're just driving round in circles then?"

I chuckled. "Maybe, but I just like to drive around, see if I can find anything interesting."

Or when someone pisses me off.

She nodded and it was followed by a comfortable silence.

"Seven Seas Aquarium!" she exclaimed when we passed by the place. "I loved coming here when I was a kid."

"Oh really?" I asked, getting an idea.

"Yeah. My dad used to bring Em and I here all the time," she replied. "We made a lot of fun memories."

"Well then let's relive your childhood days," I offered and put the gear in reverse.

"You actually want to take me there?"

"Yeah why not," I answered. "Could be fun."

Looks like we're re-living some childhood days. I drove us in and parked. We both got out and her eyes lit up as she looked around. I smiled at that.