Chapter 20: I Was Thinking You Would Let Your Hair Down

20. I Was Thinking You Would Let Your Hair Down

Monday came quickly. I got out of bed and took a quick, warm shower. I put on a pair of light blue jeans and paired it with a black and white top with ruffles and black flats. Pulling my hair into a ponytail I skipped down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Morning," my mom sang. Dad was gone as usual.

I smiled and took a seat beside Emily, whose eyes were glued to her phone.

"Em?" I called. She totally spaced out.

I peered over her shoulder, trying to see what she was up to.

"Would you mind your own business?" she snapped.

"I see you woke up on the wrong side of bed," I said taking a bite of my muffin.

"Maybe I wouldn't be so harsh if you keep your nose out of my damn business."

"Okay," my mom said. "Teenage hormones in check please."

"Sorry," Em sighed and I just shrugged it off.

"Need a ride?" my mom asked.

"Nope. Getting one with Shay," I replied. "And that must be her now," I added when I heard her car pull up in the driveway. I grabbed more muffins and gave my mom a kiss on her cheek. I got out and climbed in the back seat of Shayley's car, seeing that Jess occupied the front.

"Hey," I said.

"Oh muffins," Jess said as I handed the bag to her. She and Shayley pulled one out.

"These are good," Jess said, her mouth stuffed with the muffin.

"So, I hear Saturday night was a blast," Shayley said changing the subject.

I laughed in embarassment. "Don't remind me," I said hiding my face behind my hands.

"You should have seen yourself," she said laughing. "Right Jess?".

"Jess?"

"Huh?" Jessica jumped. "Uh...yeah."

"You have no idea what she just said do you?" I asked her.

"Sorry, spaced out for a bit."

"Something wrong?" I asked suspiciously.

"No...I'm fine," she said quickly.

I gave her a look but decided not to ask anymore.

****************

"I missed you you know that?" Kyle told me swinging his arm around me and kissing my cheek.

"Ugh, get a room," Austin said.

I rolled my eyes at him, despite the burning sensation filling my cheeks. I decided to sit with Kyle and the rest of the team at lunch.

"Get used to it," I said and gave an innocent smile.

"Touch that Dylan, and I'm going to kick your ass," a guy named Neil threatened.

Dylan snatched his sandwich from his tray and gobbled it up in like two bites. And yeah, did I forget to mention? These guys were pigs. And to think, I thought Austin ate too much. Some of the guys were way worse. They ate like food was the only thing they had to live for. But then again they were athletes, gotta keep themselves going right? Ignoring the envious glares and stares I was getting from other girls because I was sitting at a table full of hot guys, I munched happily on my lunch.

"So Austin, what's up with you? You're caught in the middle of two insane chicks," Trey asked amidst laughter.

"What?" Austin asked confused.