Chapter 29: Enjoying The View

29. Enjoying The View

The next day Shawn didn't show up at school. I called, I texted but I got no reply. Frankly, I was starting to worry. He was probably fine though, I just couldn't help it. I don't know why.

"You've been staring at your phone all day," Shayley told me when school closed. "What's on there? Is something wrong?"

"No," I replied. "Well I don't know. When I left Shawn's house yesterday he wasn't in a very good place. And he didn't show up today so I got a bit worried I guess."

"Seems to me like you just miss him that's all," she said with a chuckle.

I shrugged. "So what if I do?"

She looked at me. "Oh, I see what's going on here," she said raising her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

She put the last set of books in her bag and closed her locker before turning to me. "You like him."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't I just be genuinely concerned about him?" I asked.

"Not the way I see it," she responded with a grin. "You'll eventually realise it darling," she added and patted me on the head before walking away.

"You ready to go?" Kyle asked walking up to me.

"Yeah," I replied. "I just have to try Shawn one more time."

He sighed. "You've been on that thing the whole day because of him," he said somewhat annoyed. "Don't you think it's enough?"

I sighed apologetically. The last thing I needed was for my boyfriend to feel threatened. "Just this last time," I told Kyle.

"Okay," he said and kissed me on the cheek. "I'll be waiting in the car."

I dialed Shawn's number once more but I still got no answer. Sighing I put my phone in my pocket and went to find Kyle and his car.

"See you tomorrow," he said as I got out.

I smiled and waved. "Later."

*********

My schedule the next morning was a bit hectic though, meaning I still didn't get the chance to see Shawn. Heck I didn't even know if he was in school. That was until I found him and Liam beside his locker during one period. I was grabbing some books before heading off to class when I spotted them. We were the only ones in the hallway.

"Hey stranger," I joked as I walked up to them. "What are you doing?" I asked suspiciously as he stuffed something in his bag.

"Nothing," he quickly said.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Liam asked in an attempt to get rid of me.

I rolled my eyes. "Aren't you?"

"What's up Michaels?" Shawn asked.

I shook my head. "Well I guess I just got a little worried cause when I left your house the other day you weren't doing very well and you didn't show up yesterday so I was wondering what was up an-"

"Michaels you're rambling," he cut me off, amused.

"Sorry," I quickly said.

He sighed. "You don't have to worry about me Michaels."

"True," Liam joked. "He's a big boy," he added pinching Shawn's cheek.

I chuckled lightly as Shawn slapped his hand off.

"Good to know," I said. "Now back to what you boys were doing."

Liam looked at Shawn. "Well we can't let her go back to class now, she's seen us. Might as well let her in."