Chapter 18: I'm Getting Married To Chris Hemsworth

18. I'm Getting Married To Chris Hemsworth

I inhaled the crisp air, the stadium filled with the chanting of teenagers. I hugged myself tighter, thankful I had Kyle's team jacket to keep me warm. The game had reached the fourth quarter, and the Dalewood Lions were beating the South Ridge High Sharks so far. I smiled watching Kyle make the last touchdown.

"Go Lions!" Jessica cheered along with the rest of the crowd.

"Go Austin!" we heard Denise cheer. She had been screaming his name continuously for like the past ten minutes.

He shot her a quick glance and she twirled her hair seductively as she smiled and waved back, before sending an evil smirk my way.

"Ignore her," Jess told me as I rolled my eyes.

The final whistle blew and the team celebrated their win on the field, along with the rest of the crowd. I made my way to a couple of seats behind us. I found Shayley sitting with Shawn, Liam and Jacob.

"I really didn't think you'd show up," I said to Shawn.

"Gotta show some school spirit right?" he said back, sarcasm flooding his voice. "Besides, I heard there was a party afterwards," he added with his signature smirk. "Can't miss that."

I shook my head smiling and walked to the side of the field, scanning it for Kyle.

"Hey there kiddo," Austin said swinging his arm around me.

I rolled my eyes. "Austin, in case you've forgotten I'm two months older than you."

He smiled and removed his arm.

"So you coming to the party?" he asked and I nodded.

I was about to speak when Denise came brushing past me, grabbing Austin's hand and interrupting our conversation.

"We'll talk later," he said as she bounced up and down while dragging him away.

"Rude," I muttered in annoyance.

I stood there still looking for Kyle, asking familiar people who came my way whether they had seen him. Then I felt a pair of palms cover my eyes.

"Guess who?" I heard his voice whisper.

I smiled. "Hey Kyle."

"Thought your guessing was gonna take longer," he pouted and I laughed.

"You were awesome out there," I complimented.

"Well I had to be," he said. "Couldn't disappoint my number one fan."

I blushed.

"You're going to the party right?" he asked.

"Of course I am," I answered. "I am your number one fan aren't I?" I added before kissing his cheek.

I got in his car and we drove to Trey's house. Memories of the other party I went to dawned on me and I shivered. The loud music was already blasting through the speakers when we got there. I excused myself while Kyle talked to some friends and went to the kitchen to get a drink.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me you were leaving?" Jessica stormed in after me.

I shrugged. "Why?"

"Because, I had to take a ride with Austin," she replied referring to

"So?" I asked. What was wrong with riding with Austin?

"In case you haven't noticed lately, where there's Austin, there's Denise," she explained.

Oh.

"I'm sorry," I quickly told her. "Was it that bad?"