Chapter 47: We're Snowed In

47. We're Snowed In

"Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep,
Dreaming about the things that we could be,
Baby I've been, I've been praying hard,
So no more counting dollars, we'll be counting-"

I was in the middle of Counting Stars, when I looked up and saw Shawn leaning on my doorpost, looking as good as he always did. He'd been stuck in my head more than ever since yesterday.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Relax Princess I'm not going all stalker crazy," he joked, though I admittedly wish he had been there a while. "Your mom let me in."

"Well it's obvious you aren't here to watch my one woman concert so why are you here?" I asked again.

"I just came to see if you were okay that's all," he answered.

I sighed. "Thanks Shawn, really, but you don't have to check up on me. I don't need a babysitter you know."

"I know," he said stepping closer. "But I want to."

Why the hell did he have to be so cute!? My attempt at hostility failed badly.

"Come on," he ordered.

I arched an eyebrow. "To?"

"I'm taking you for a ride."

"No thanks," I declined. "I'm pretty fine sitting here by myself, really."

He chuckled. "Like I care. You're spending the whole day with me whether you like it or not Michaels," he joked.

Smiling at his persistence I rolled my eyes. "I'll have to go to Shayley's party."

He shrugged. "So we'll just stop there."

"Not really dressed for a party," I told him.

He shook his head. "You look fine."

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I gave in. "Let me just grab a jacket."

His ability to get through to me like that was just puzzling.

"How about this one?" he said with a small smile as he picked up the leather jacket from my dresser. "I've got one just like it, really nice," he added playfully.

I really hope he didn't notice my face redden. I rushed over to him and snatched it out of his hand.

"I was doing some cleaning and I found it," I lied.

He smirked. "You know, I remember some sarcastic comments that followed when I handed this to you."

"That's because you really annoyed me then," I joked. "Still do."

"Yet you kept it," he added softly.

"Yeah, I did," I smiled.

"I'll be in the car, he told me. I nodded with a small smile and he left.

I put on the jacket anyway with a pair of cute boots. I slipped on a necklace as fast as I could with my cast and headed down.

"Heading out honey?" mom asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "I'll stop by Shayley's though. Probably spend the night."

Shayley always needed help cleaning up.

"Sure," she agreed. "And by the way, he's a really nice guy."

I blushed as she winked. "Mom!"

She laughed and I exited the house to be greeted by the cold wind and snow. Shawn was already in his car.