Chapter 38: You Didn't Die So That's Another Win

38. You Didn't Die So That's Another Win

I rolled over to the other side as I opened my eyes, realising Shawn wasn't beside me. What, he left in the middle of the night again?

I got up and took a quick shower. I threw on a plain black t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts and put my hair in a high ponytail before going downstairs.

"Oh this is classic," I heard Shawn say amidst laughter.

I peered into the kitchen and found him sitting with my sister, both laughing at pictures in some old photo album.

"Goodmorning?" I said.

He laughed. "Morning Princess. Em here was just keeping me company. You were a cute one."

I rolled my eyes at the smug smiles both of them had plastered on their faces.

"Still am," I said as I snatched the album off the table.

"Get ready though, Jacob will be here in a few," he told me.

I arched an eyebrow. "For what?"

"To pick us up in his van of course," he answered. "We're going on a little adventure today."

"And I'm just hearing this now because?"

He shrugged. "Forgot I guess. It happens Michaels."

"Well, I'm going up to my room," Emily said and I nodded.

"Wonder why you're not dating him yet," she whispered from behind me before she left.

However in a matter of minutes Jacob pulled up on the driveway.

"That's our ride," Shawn said.

I groaned as I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. I got into the van nevertheless, trying not to mind my empty stomach.

"All set mate," Shawn called out as he climbed in.

"So, where are we going?" Shayley asked.

"Yeah, what's so important that I had to miss breakfast for it?" I added in an annoyed manner.

Liam chuckled and gave me a Kit Kat bar which I accepted gratefully. It wasn't bacon and eggs, but it was going to have to do.

Shawn smirked. "Somewhere."

I rolled my eyes. "If you're going to kill us or something I think we'd like to know."

"You'd really want to know if I was going to murder you?" he asked me.

"Dude just tell them," Jacob said from behind the wheel as usual.

"Alright, alright," he gave in. "So you know how I just love to wreck people's property?"

"Shawn," I warned. I was not going to vandalise anything again.

"Relax Princess," he chuckled. "It's mine."

"What's yours?" Jessica asked.

"You'll see."

In some minutes the van came to a halt in front of a small building on the other side of town.

"This is yours?" I asked as we alighted. The walls were graffitied with other stuff painted on them. It was actually very nice and creative of him.

"It's an abandoned warehouse for one of the factories of the company my dad works for," he explained. "My brothers and I asked for it and turned it into a hangout but I come here more."

"Oh, okay," I said.

"This way I can do whatever I want and not get into any trouble," he added.