Chapter 30: Is Vandalism A New Hobby Or What?

30. Is Vandalism A New Hobby Or What?

"So what do you say?" I asked Shayley and Jessica. "We'll have the house to ourselves, my brother's spending his weekend at a lake house."

"Sounds good to me," Shayley agreed.

"Jess?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she replied. "I've got a lot of studying to do and all."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on Jess, haven't we been studying enough? Even I'm taking a break."

"Come on Jess," Shayley added.

She sighed, giving in. "Oh alright. Sleepover it is."

"Great," I said.

"I uh....gotta go," she said quickly, looking at a text on her phone.

"Who's that?" I asked suspiciously.

"Zeke," she quickly replied. "I'll see you guys later."

"She lied...didn't she?" I asked Shayley when she walked off.

"Probably," she snickered.

**************

The three of us ended up at my house after school, after stopping by theirs first of course.

"You've been on your phone all day Jessica," Shayley said over the music we were playing in my room. "Who's on there?" she teased.

"Do you have to know everything about my relationship?" Jessica groaned.

"Kinda," Shayley replied amidst laughter.

"You know, we should set you up with a guy," Jessica joked. "Maybe then you'll be less interested in my love life."

"Oh please, we all know the guy she's interested in and unfortunately he's not here tonight," I teased, referring to my brother.

"Oh don't make me tell her about your little crush," Shayley threatened.

"What crush?" Jessica asked curiously.

"The one she has on Shawn," she replied with a smirk.

"Okay stop. I do not like Shawn, at least not that way," I protested.

"I beg to differ," Shayley muttered with a grin.

I threw a pillow in her direction, hitting her face with it.

"Jess, tell me you don't believe her," I begged as the three of us erupted into laughter.

"I don't know," Jessica teased. "Seems believable to me."

"See?" Shayley laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "When you two are not busy making your own soap opera please bear in mind that I have a boyfriend," I told them.

"We know, we know. Just teasing," she told me.

I smiled and flung another pillow at her. Just for fun.

About an hour later the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Shayley offered. "Probably that pizza we ordered."

She exited the room and went downstairs, while Jessica and I just sat patiently waiting for her.

"Hey can I ask you something?" she spoke up.

"Sure, what is it?" I replied.

"So um...if I said I..."

"Um...Khalan?" Shayley called cutting her off. "We've got company," she added with a wink.