Chapter 9: Simba

9. Simba

History was quite a class though. Shawn and his boys kept making silly remarks which I admit were quite funny. Shawn wasn't that bad to be honest but I wasn't going to ever tell him that. His friends were cool too. Besides Austin got along with them so well I couldn't have gotten rid of them if I wanted to.

**************

"If you touch my food I swear I'll break your arm," Jacob threatened.

"But I just want a little fries," Liam whined. The two had been going back and forth for nearly ten minutes now.

"Just take mine," Shawn said and shook his head. Liam took them and munched happily like a child who was just handed a lolipop.

"Hey," Kyle said and kissed my cheek as he sat down.

"When did this happen?" Shayley asked. I blushed a bit.

"Monday," I replied.

"So, I'm not exactly free on Saturday so I was thinking we move this date I owe you to tomorrow afternoon," Kyle said turning his attention to me.

"No, I can't. I have to tutor Shawn tomorrow I'm sorry," I said.

Shawn just gave one of his bad boy smiles and nodded at Kyle. "And I need a lot of help pretty boy."

"How does Friday after school sound?" I asked ignoring his comment.

"Okay, okay lets do it then," Kyle said. He stood up and kissed me on the lip.

"Wow, we've missed a lot," I heard Jessica say.

"Okay dude can you dial it back a bit?" Austin asked refusing to look at us.

Kyle pulled away and gave one more look to Shawn. "Later," he said.

"Hostile much?" Liam muttered under his breath.

I shook my head as Shayley and Jessica gave me an apologetic look.

Renée and her minions stopped at our table.

"Why are they sitting here?" she asked referring to Jacob, Shawn and Liam.

I arched an eyebrow. Where exactly was this girl getting at?

"Why aren't you minding the business that pays you?" Shayley spoke, earning high fives from Jacob and Austin.

"Well we all know they'll be better off sitting elsewhere, won't you Shawn?," she said twirling her hair.

"Really?" I asked bursting into laughter. "Wow you're good."

She just glared at me.

"Actually I'm cool here," Shawn said plainly.

"Whatever," she said and rolled her eyes. Liam and Jacob were messing around and Liam accidentally threw a handful of spaghetti on her silk blouse.

"What the hell?!" she exclaimed. "Do you know how expensive this was?"

"Oops," he said. I cupped my palms over my mouth to prevent my laughter from escaping.