Chapter 34: I May Or May Not Die Soon

34. I May Or May Not Die Soon

The rest of the week went by really fast though. It was quite odd seeing Austin and Jessica as a couple but we adjusted just fine. Honestly, I was happy for them. I just wish they didn't suck face in front of me like they often did. The midterms went okay I guess. I didn't fail, so that was good.

"Ugh," Shayley said. "Think you can squeeze one more person in your tutoring thing? Chemistry and I are not looking good."

I laughed. "Getting Shawn to learn is enough work for me," I told her.

Speaking of him. My eyes fell onto my phone screen, opening a text he sent me; a picture of his grades. I was quite surprised. He did better than I thought he would. Anyway, what I was looking for was...

"History," I said, shocked. He didn't even get a C. "He got a-"

"B plus," his voice snickered behind me.

"Hey Shayley," he said as he jokingly flung his arms around both our shoulders.

"Well looks like you were right Michaels, studying does help," he continued as I still tried comprehending what I saw. "I'd be lying myself if I said I'm not shocked. Looks like you owe me a date Princess," he added with a wink before walking off, probably high fiving himself for winning this bet.

"Wow, he got a B plus in History just to go out with you?" Shayley teased.

"It's not a date," I told her. "But just a heads up, I may or may not die soon."

She laughed. "Come on, the others are probably waiting for us," she said and took my arm.

We all planned to go out since it was a Friday. Shayley's car was currently having some work done so she was getting a ride with Kyle and I.

"Ready?" Kyle asked as we got in.

"Yup," I replied.

"Jess?" he asked again.

"Where else?" Shayley answered with a chuckle. "With Austin."

"Right," Kyle said. "Still wrapping my head around that."

"I think they go well together," I told them.

We soon arrived at The Cave. I chuckled to myself when I remembered the last time I was here. At least I was going to enjoy myself this time.

"Oh look, it's karaoke night," I pointed out as the three of us walked in.

"When was the last time you did that?" Shayley asked.

"A really long time ago," I snickered.

"Great, we're all here," Jessica said once we approched the group currently sitting at a booth.

"Anyone up for bowling?" Jacob asked.

"Sure, why not," Kyle agreed.

We all went down to the bowling alley and divided ourselves into two teams. Kyle, Liam, Jess and I against Shawn, Austin, Shayley and Jacob.

"You are so going down," Shayley competitively said.

"Nope. You are," I told them.

"You sure about that Michaels?" Shawn asked. "I'm pretty good at this."

"Yeah well they have me," Liam countered. "Don't worry, I was built for this."

"Aren't computers your thing?" Jessica asked him.

"A person can be good at two things Jessie," he said slowly said as he patted her head like she was a little child.

She rolled her eyes. "Let's just kick their asses already."