Chapter 41: We Have Guns

41. We Have Guns

Days passed and I guess everything was back to normal. Shawn clearly didn't want to speak to me about the incident with Zac so I let it go. Thanksgiving was just around the corner meaning so was Winter, my favourite time of year.

"Got the ingredients," dad said as he walked through the back door.

"Great," mom said. "Khalan, Em, you promised to help make thanksgiving dinner."

"About thanksgiving," Emily began fiddling with her sweater sleeve. "Is it cool if I have someone over?"

"Someone?" I teased.

She rolled her eyes blushing. "His name is Roy, and relax he's just a friend. His family isn't doing anything for thanksgiving so I thought it'd be nice to invite him over."

"That's okay," mom agreed. "There's plenty of room."

"Why don't you bring your guy?" Charlie chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "You mean Kyle?"

"Yeah him," he replied.

"I don't know," I told them. "He'll probably be having dinner with his family or something."

"Well feel free to ask," mom said. "He's been over a couple of times but I think we'd all like to meet him as a family."

"Yup," dad agreed.

"Okay, I'll ask," I said.

************

"How long till practice is over?" Jessica asked me. We were sitting on the bleachers waiting for Kyle and Austin.

"I don't know, but I don't mind spending a few extra minutes," I joked and she chuckled.

"Relax they'll end any moment now," I added.

I had watched the football team practice a countless number of times in the past, most of which I was waiting for Austin.

True to my word the coach dismissed the team a few minutes later. Austin jogged over and kissed his girlfriend.

"Oh the horror," I joked as I covered my eyes.

"Oh shut up," Jess laughed. "Tell me about it though, you're so sweaty," she added to Austin.

"Oh, so you'd definetly get mad if I did this?" he asked and playfully enveloped her in a bear hug.

I laughed as she shrieked.

"Aw come on bestie, you know you want one too," he joked referring to me.

"Stay away from me," I said laughing as I held his arms back.

"Hands off the lady Reed," a voice said playfully from behind.

I turned and saw Kyle walking over with a smile on his face.

"Fine," Austin said. "But you are so getting that hug."

"Go get changed so we can go. I'll be waiting by your car," Jessica told him.

"Fine, fine I'm going," he said and ran off.

"I'll see you later," she waved and went off too.

"I better go too," Kyle told me.

"Wait," I said pulling his arm. "I gotta ask you something."

"Sure," he said.

"So my parents want me to invite you to dinner on thanksgiving. I mean I know you've my family, you've been over lots of times but I guess they just want to meet you at once....I guess?" I rambled. "Am I making sense here?"