Bonus Chapter: First Date

"Ready?" he asked.

I smiled. "Yeah."

In truth, I was as nervous as hell.

He led me to his car and stopped me when I was about to get in.

"You don't have to open doors for me," I chuckled.

"I know," he told me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and whispered, "You look really nice by the way."

I went red as he opened the door and went round to the other side.

"Get in," he smirked.

"Shawn, where are we going?" I asked, changing the topic of conversation after we had been on the road for a while. It seemed like he was taking me out of town.

"Out of town," he confirmed.

"Yeah I see that, but to where?"

"Relax Princess," he said. "You'll see."

**

I sat patiently in his car as he drove to our destination. While driving one of his hands found its way to mine and I was trying not to let my heart explode with him holding it so tightly. He drove us through a garden of some sort. One I had never seen before.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking out the window.

"Somewhere special," he simply replied.

He reached into his pocket and picked out a blindfold, handing it to me. "But before you get out you have to put this on."

"Do I have to?"

"It'll ruin the surprise if you don't."

"I hate surprises," I said bluntly.

He looked at me. "Really?"

I sighed in defeat. "No I don't. I'll put it on."

He chuckled. "You're cute."

I stuck my tongue out at him as I tied it behind my head. "I know that."

"And very annoying."

"Back at you Mitchell," I smiled.

I heard him open his door and then open mine.

"Come on beautiful," he said, taking my hand and helping me out.

I blushed hard. It was strange. Shawn and I were so comfortable around each other but I could still become like a stop sign when he acted like this.

"Did I ever tell you how cute you are when you blush?" he snickered.

"If I could see your face Shawn, I'd punch you."

"Yup, I can just feel the romance," he said sarcastically and I laughed.

He carefully guided me through the path. Well, if you count me tripping three times and almost falling once carefully. But he held my hand so I guess that could compensate. We finally came to a stop.

"We're here."

"Can I take it off?"

"Let me," he offered and untied it.

I gasped at the sight. A beautiful picnic beside a lake with roses and lights placed around. It was a small gesture, beautiful however. Small but beautiful.

"Shawn this is amazing," I said softly as I took a few steps forward.

"I'm glad you like it."

I turned and smiled. "I love it."

"Good," he said before stepping closer and giving me a kiss on the lips.

"I've been wanting to do that since I picked you up."

I laughed a little and gave him one last peck before we sat down to eat.

****

Shawn's POV

"Are we crazy?" I asked her.

We were lying down on the blanket looking at the stars. It wasn't the most exciting thing but hell, I'd set myself on fire if it meant spending time with her.

She chuckled. "Why would we be?"

"I don't know," I replied. "Am I crazy? For trying to do this with you?"

She sat up, looking concerned. "Shawn you're not crazy. We're just two people who like each other, making something work. It's pretty normal."

I followed her lead. "I guess sometimes I still worry that I'm going to do something and that'll be it."

She took my hand in hers and smiled. "You're not getting rid of me that easily."

I chuckled and held her tightly to my chest.

"So tell me," she began. "How did you find somewhere so beautiful?"

"I have a lot of alone time," I answered. "I need it actually. My mother, she used to bring us here. We'd sit and talk, help my dad fish or whatever. It's actually the last place she took me to before she died. It's been six years and I'm the only one who still comes here."

I spoke as she watched me intently, paying attention to every word I was saying.

"It's special because it ended my story with her," I continued, looking at her. "And I want it to be the origin of ours."

She leaned in and I did the same.

"It's late," she said with a smug smirk. "We should get going."

I laughed. "Real funny Michaels."

"Well you are laughing."

I got up and stretched out my hand. "Le's get going then."

She accepted my gesture and we packed up everything before heading back to my car. I drove her home and kissed her goodbye before going home myself. I walked in to meet Freddie.

"Oh hey," he greeted. "How was your date with Khalan?"

I chuckled. "Perfect."

Khalan's POV

I shut the door behind me, all smiles after Shawn left. That was the best date ever. I proceeded up the stairs to my room.

"Well someone's happy," Emily teased as she came down. "I'm guessing the date went well?"

I sighed, like the lovesick puppy I was. "Perfect."

A/N

I suck at this whole romance thing so I hope the sneak peak into their first date was okay. I'll be updating a few more bonus chapters in Shawn's POV. Bye for now :).

- amani