Chapter 39: Did She Fall Or Something?

39. Did She Fall Or Something?

Shawn's POV

Damn it.

"Damn it!" I groaned in frustration when I parked my car at home. Mainly because I didn't know why I wanted to kiss her. And if I'm being completely honest partially because I think I'm a fool for not doing it.

I sighed and got out.

"Hey! Look who's home!" Freddie yelled.

"Oh hey man," Liam said putting a handful of cheetos in his mouth. "How was your date?"

"It wasn't a date," I muttered. "What are you doing here anyways?" I asked.

He was munching on cheetos while Jacob played COD with Freddie.

"Waiting for you," Jacob answered. "Had a nice time with the others though."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a soda from the fridge. "That's nice," I murmured as I took a sip.

"What's with you mate?" Freddie asked. "Everything okay with Khalan?"

"Yeah. Did she fall or something?" Liam added snorted.

"Dude," Jacob warned.

I rolled my eyes. They're acting like girls. Wanting to know everything.

"I'm an idiot that's what," I said.

"Well we know that already," Logan joked as he walked in. "What made you realise it?"

"Shut up," Liam teased. "You two finally made out didn't you?"

"Our boy's finally a man," Freddie added wiping a fake tear.

I shook my head. Remind me again why I talk to these people?

"I didn't kiss her, Logan interrupted," I told them, muttering the last part.

"What did I do?" he defended.

"Your damn phonecall," I clarified.

"Wait, so you're saying you do like her," Liam wiggled his eyebrows. "Cause I totally ship you two. Shalan."

See this is why boys don't talk about their 'feelings'.

"Shut up mate," I told him. "I swear you're all acting like chicks right now."

"You okay boys?" Isabelle asked coming into the room. "Need anything to eat or something?"

"We're okay Iz, we'll order some pizza or something," Logan replied.

"Well I'm out doing some gardening if you need anything," she said and before walking out.

"Iz?" I questioned.

"She's a good person Shawn," he told me. "She's not mom but, she comes in one hell of a second."

I stayed silent at his answer and just nodded. I wasn't exactly proud of the way I acted the night my father proposed to her. To be honest everything he did made me so angry I was consumed in the moment and had to let it out.

I got up and headed outside the house.

"Where are you going?" Jacob asked.

"To find the one person in this house who doesn't annoy the hell out of me," I answered, leaving behind their laughter.

"Okay Harp," Isabelle laughed. "I need to work on these flowers now."

She squealed in delight and ran off, playing in the grass.