Chapter 5: Just In Case You Want To Kidnap Me

5. Just In Case You Want To Kidnap Me

Thursday's tutoring session with Shawn wasn't much different. He barely paid any attention to what I said and frankly it was starting to get on my nerves.

"I don't think I can take any more of this," I said putting my head on Shayley's shoulder. It was Monday and we were at lunch. I had another lesson with Shawn today.

"You're tutoring an amazingly hot guy Khalan, I don't see how that could be so bad," she said putting her arm around me.

I pulled away and glared at her. Typical Shayley. "He's...something," I said picking at my food.

Austin sighed. "You'll get the hang of it."

"He's right you know. You can't just give up," Jess added. Austin smiled at her but she just focused on her phone.

I let out a sigh myself. "I really hope so," I said. And I did. The bell rang and we all headed to class for our last lessons.

*************

"Okay so you...Shawn?" I stopped and asked. He looked like he wasn't paying attention at all, instead he was staring right at me.

"Okay I've had enough," I began. "Look, it's very clear we both don't want to be here. I'm not excited about spending two afternoons with you for two hours every week, but I was kind of assigned this so we both don't have a choice. So you can stop trying to make it harder for both of us, or cooperate and actually learn something."

He was still looking at me.

I sighed. "What now?"

He smirked and said, "You're cute when you're frustrated."

"I'm also not one of those girls who fall for you after the first compliment," I said flatly avoiding eye contact so he wouldn't see the blush forming on my cheeks.

"I"m sorry," I heard him say.

"What?" I asked slightly confused. Was he apologizing?

"Don't make me say it again, an apology from me is quite a privilege," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"How about we go get some ice cream?" he asked.

I looked up at him. "Excuse me?"

"I said let's go get ice cream...or did you not hear the first time?" he replied.

"I don't know if you've noticed but we've got forty-five more minutes of studying to do," I told him.

"Oh come on Michaels, even I can see you're exhausted too. I mean two hours, really?" he said.

He was right. I was tired. Two hours seemed like a long time, especially when it was right after school.

"I barely know you. Why should I get in a car with you to go places?" I asked.

"Well because, you're as tired as I am. And you're right, you don't know me, but I'm giving you a chance to. And that's another privilege," he replied.

"You're really full of yourself aren't you?" I asked shaking my head.

He ran his fingers through his dark brown hair. "Some...no most people find that charming," he said and picked up his bag as he got up.

"You coming Michaels?" he asked me.

I sighed and got up too, without saying a word.

"Just so you know I've memorized your license plate just in case you decide to kidnap me or something," I told him as I got into his car.