Chapter 37: Say The Word And I'll Break His Face

37. Say The Word And I'll Break His Face

I spent the next few days at home, courtesy of my mom. Austin and the girls came over a couple of times to keep me company. I spoke to Kyle too, and I'd be lying if I said he wasn't acting different. At this point I felt he didn't even want to talk to me. I tried calling him during the day, but he didn't pick up, so I've decided to give him some space. Right now I was just getting ready to spend a nice, quiet evening alone.

"If you need me I'll be upstairs in my room," Em said as she ascended the stairs. "So don't need me," she finished.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay," I said.

I sat down on my couch comfortably. I was wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie since it was a cold night. My hair was tied up in a messy bun but I didn't care. It was just me, my ice cream and an endless number of movies I was going to watch. No parents for another weekend, now that was gold. I picked up the remote and turned on the tv to begin. I put a spoon of my vanilla ice cream in my mouth when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Argh," I said as I struggled to get my lazy butt off the couch. What could anyone possibly be doing here at this time. I opened the door and saw Shawn. I tried shutting the door but he blocked it.

"Uh uh," he said with a smirk on his face.

I sighed. "Seriously Shawn, this weekend too?" I didn't mean to sound hostile but seriously, I was looking forward to spending this night alone.

"What? Can't I visit my favourite tutor?" he asked innocently.

"I'm your only tutor, and no," I said dryly.

"Come on Michaels let me in its freezing out here," he begged. "Besides, I haven't seen you since we went to jail," he added with a smirk.

"Fine," I gave in and sighed again. I closed the door as he plopped onto the couch. I sat down beside him and picked up my bowl of ice cream.

"Well you look nice," he teased.

I replied by simply rolling my eyes.

"Vanilla Michaels? Again, really?" he said.

I shrugged. "It tastes awesome."

"No it doesn't," he disagreed.

"Does to," I protested.

"Does not," he said again.

"Whatever, I love it anyways," I said knowing the argument was going nowhere.

"So, what do we do?" he asked.

"Well I was going to watch movies all night but since you're here we could do some math," I answered smiling.

"Math on a Friday night? Hell no Michaels," he said.

"Oh come on," I said laughing. "I could quiz you, and then we do fun stuff for the rest of the night."

"Fun?" he said arching an eyebrow.

"Don't let your perveted mind get what I meant twisted," I said after slapping him on the shoulder.

He laughed. I quizzed him on a few things and he decided to take a little 'break.' Before I knew it the tv was on and we were singing along and dancing to songs on MTV. We ended up taking the silliest selfies ever on both our phones and got scolded a few times by Emily for the noise we were making.

"Let's go somewhere," he suggested.

I looked at the clock. Wow time had flown. "Shawn it's almost midnight," I told him.

"So?" he shrugged. "I know a great pizza place that's open all night."

I sighed. "Fine, but you're paying."

"Oh that," he began trying to hold back his laughter. "I didn't exactly bring money with me."

"Great so you're dragging me out of my house in the middle of the night and I have to pay. Remind me again why I'm friends with you?" I said.

"So I can benefit from moments like this and get free pizza?" he grinned.

I chuckled. I couldn't help it when he did that. There was this twinkle in his eye I saw everytime he smiled like that.

"Alright," I gave in. I slipped on my fluffy slippers with cute bunny ears. "Let's go."

He looked at me feet with an arched eyebrow.

"Like I said, it's the middle of the night and you're dragging me out, don't judge me," I warned.

He rose his arms surrenderring. "Never said a word Michaels," he said amidst laughter.

I went up to Emily's room. She was asleep so I just left her a note in the kitchen in case she woke up or anything. After locking the front doors I got into Shawn's car.

"Can we go now?" he asked.

"Yup," I replied. "Doors are locked, Em should be fine."

He nodded and drove us to the pizza place.

I sat at a booth beside the window while he went to order. My mind went to Kyle. I hope he was okay.

"Something wrong?" Shawn asked as he sat down.

"Can I ask you something? It kinda has to do with Kyle," I told him.

"You want to ask me about pretty boy?" he snickered.

"You know what, forget it. That was stupid anyways," I brushed it off.

"No no," he stopped me. "Go ahead."

I sighed. "Okay well he's been sort of...distant lately. He says he's got somethings to think about but I don't know why I don't believe him. Maybe it's me. I mean is this how he's gonna end things? Just shut me out and eventually cut me off?" I panicked.

"Whoa there, you're rambling. Slow down," Shawn told me.

"Sorry," I huffed. "Just kinda worried."

"Look, guys don't usually overthink things, so if he says he's got stuff on his mind the best thing to do is give him space. Trust me, the last thing he needs is for you to act like some annoying girlfriend," he told me.

I smiled. "Thanks."

"Besides," he continued. "If he ever breaks your heart that way just say the word and I'll break his face," he added with a grin.

I arched an eyebrow. "You'd beat up Kyle for me?"

"Hey, we're friends right?" he said.

I laughed. "Yes...yes we are."

He chuckled. We ate our pizza and went back home immediately after.

"So Princess, what's next?" he asked when we entered.

"Well I was going to watch a movie before you arrived so I guess we could do that," I suggested.

We finally sat down to watch movies in my room. Halfway through the second one I started to feel my eyelids drop. My eyes automatically closed as I dozed off. I heard him chuckle. Soon a warm blanket covered my body. He climed onto the bed beside me.

"Night Michaels," he whispered. "And thanks," he added.

Thanks? For what? I would have replied but I fell asleep.