Chapter 25: There Was An Angry Spirit Waiting To Kill Us

25. There Was An Angry Spirit Waiting To Kill Us

"What the?" I groggily asked myself as I sat up, the rays of the rising sun hitting my face. It dawned on me that I had fallen asleep beside the lake - with Shawn.

Speaking of him.

"Shawn," I called. He was still asleep. "Shawn!" I called louder shaking him.

"What?" he groaned opening his eyes. "Why are we still here?" he asked as he sat up.

"We fell asleep," I simply replied. "Come on let's get back to the campsite. The others are probably wondering where we are."

He forced himself up like I did and we made our way back.

"Khalan, Shawn," Shayley said when she saw us.

"Oh God, Khalan," Austin said as he and Kyle rushed over to me.

"Where have you been?" Kyle asked. "We woke up and you were gone."

"Oh relax pretty boy, we just ran into each other at the lake," Shawn told him.

"Look's to me like you've been gone all night," Denise stated with a smirk. "Something happen by the lake? My, my Khalan I didn't know you got down like that."

"Shut up Denise," Jessica scoffed.

"Make me," she countered.

"Okay, okay girls, no fighting," Zeke said pulling Jess away.

I rolled my eyes. "No Denise, we didn't do anything. I just went down there because of your loud snoring and he ran into me," I told her as a matter of factly.

"And you slept there?" Kyle asked, shooting a confused look at Shawn.

"I guess we must've just fallen asleep," I shrugged. "No big deal," I assured him, kissing him on the cheek.

"No big deal?" Austin asked. "Well you could have at least told someone. You could have gotten mauled by a bear or God knows what other animal out there."

Always so overprotective.

I rolled my eyes again. "There are no bears out here Austin," I told him.

"Cut her some slack would you," Shawn told them. "It's not like we were out planning a terrorist attack."

I smiled at him for his humour, while Kyle put his arm around me.

"Why don't we just eat breakfast?" Liam groaned.

This is why I love him.

"Right on it," Jacob said in agreement.

*****************

"This place is amazing," Shayley said.

"I know right," I agreed. We were lounging beside the lake while.the guys were taking a dive in it. Denise had gone off with Austin doing God knows what. At this point I couldn't really do anything about it. If he wanted to be with her he was going to, despite whatever I said.

"Didn't she get the concept of no phones?" Jessica scoffed as we watched them walk by. She was making him take a selfie with her with her phone, which she kept on with her portable charger. Ah yes, connecting with nature indeed.

"Ignore," I shrugged.

"Whatever," Jess mumbled.

Just then I felt a cold splash of water hit me. I looked up, soaking wet to see Shawn and Liam towering over us, holding empty buckets

"Hey Princess," Shawn said with a smirk.

"Shawn, Liam," Shayley growled.

"What? You guys just looked like you needed a drink," Liam joked playfully.