Chapter 56: Just Shut Up And Kiss Me

56. Just Shut Up And Kiss Me

Shawn was basically the talk of the school over the next few days. He didn't care though, as usual. Soon someone else was going to do something to catch the attention of everyone. That was the cycle of high school. Matt though, he didn't show up to school for two days. Guess Shawn messed up his face pretty badly.

Right now I had to talk to Kyle. I guess I had to tell him I didn't hold anything against him anymore. I found him exiting a classroom after third period.

"Hi," I nervously approached him.

He looked puzzled for a second but his face quickly straightened up. "Um...Khalan, hi."

"I wanted to talk to you," I began. "About well...you know."

"I'm so so-"

"No no," I interrupted him. "I've heard you apologize a countless number of times. It's my turn to talk."

He sighed but nodded.

"I've given this some thought, and I forgive you."

His eyes perked up at this. "You have?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Great," he smiled. "So can that mean-"

"Hold on," I stopped him again. "I'm not done. I have forgiven you, but I don't think things should go back to the way they were. You were right. I wasn't giving our relationship the attention it deserved, and I don't think it's a good idea for us to resume dating if I clearly have feelings for someone else."

He nodded, in understanding I hope. "So what now?"

"Now," I replied. "I'm hoping we can be friends. We don't exactly have to be besties but just because we aren't dating doesn't mean I want you out of my life. You're still a great guy Kyle, and I want you around."

He looked a bit apprehensive so I pressed on. "Please, if you care about me you'll try."

"I don't know," he debated. "It'll be hard."

"But we can try," I told him. "Please try, for me."

He looked at me for a few seconds then smiled before nodding. "Alright, we can try."

"Thank you," I said and hugged him.

"I'll always be here though," he said. "Ready to swoop in when Aussie there messes up."

I pulled away and shot him a playful glare.

"What?" he laughed. "Don't think I'm giving up on you that easily."

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"I mean it though," he continued. "I'm always here. If you need me just call."

"Thank you," I said sincerely before we went our separate ways.

*********

"Come on, let's go," Shayley and Jessica rushed me to Shayley's car.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I muttered. "You guys avoided taking me home at all costs after school and now you're in a hurry."

I wanted to go straight home after school, as I would have the house to myself since my parents were working late, Emily was at her friend's place and Charlie was going to be out too. But no, these girls had to take me around town for some reason. First we spent a butt load of time at the mall, then for ice cream, then to the back, then to various stores around town. If I didn't know any better I'd say they were stalling. But it wasn't my birthday or anything so I guess that theory was wrong.