Thirty

Advice Request
This person has a crush on a guy and would like to know how to handle them. They would also like to know what to do if the crush finds out about their feelings.   

Answered Submission
Hey! Crushes are natural, honey. They are harmless feelings that flutter in your insides to make you feel all happy and giddy around a certain person. The thing to remember about crushes is they become something else when you ACT upon them. Liking another individual and showing it can just change that crush to something more. If you want to handle those emotions, you can try to not have a crush on them? I can tell that will be difficult though so maybe distract yourself. Focus on schoolwork and friends instead of that feeling. A thing I do is simply be friends with them. If you don't want to be with them like that, just hang as friends. Although, hiding how you feel around that person is hard and I think you don't want him finding out so unless you can control those feelings, don't associate with him unless you have to. Admire this guy from afar and eventually he'll do something weird or gross, so you'll be over him in no time. You are super young, so there is no rush to get into a relationship. Don't change who you are when he's around if you want this feeling discreet, though. Be yourself and act as if he's another kid in your class. Act as naturally as you possibly can. The great thing about crushes is that if you keep it a secret long enough, they will go away eventually. If it stays and you're older enough, perhaps it'll become something magical.

IF HE FINDS OUT: be honest with him. Tell him how you feel and explain that you aren't ready to be in a relationship. If you feel he will cause you trouble in the future because of this crush, DENY. Don't let him take advantage of you because you happen to be attracted to him.

Hopefully, this was helpful and you'll be okay. :) 

The Advice Column