Chapter 51: Happy Fucking New Year To Me

Start from the beginning

"Alright alright," she sighed before standing up. "Stop your whining and let's go."

"What's the point of getting the kiss if it's not with someone you love anyways?" I asked her.

"Oh love huh? You mean like you and Shawn," she teased as we descended the stairs.

"What? God no, it's too early for that," I laughed.

I liked Shawn, love was just not a stage I think we were in yet.

"So you don't want the kiss?" Jessica smirked.

"Wha...well yes of course I want the kiss. What girl wouldn't want the kiss?" I rambled.

The both chuckled.

"Going out mom! I'll be home later!" Shayley yelled.

"Okay honey!" her mother replied.

"Is this what you guys are going to do all night?" she asked, stopping in front of her brothers who were intensely playing some video game.

"Yeah probably," one answered. "Now move, I can't see."

She shook her head and we followed her outside to her car. Music was booming from Trey's house when we got there. He must be some kind of party king because almost every one is at his place.

"Let's go bring in the new year!" Shayley grinned.

"There's your prince charming," Jessica teased when Shawn and Austin were walking towards us. "Better get that kiss."

I rolled my eyes. "Still a few more hours, relax."

"Hey," I smiled when they approached us.

"Nice of you to finally stop by," Austin teased.

"Let's call it fashionably late," Jessica chuckled before kissing him on the cheek.

"You guys want any drinks?" Shawn asked.

"You already know what alcohol does to me," I replied.

He laughed. "There's soda too."

"Well sign me up for the booze!" Shayley winked.

"Nah uh," Jessica said, holding her back. "None for you either."

"Buzzkill," she pouted.

"Why don't you guys hit the dance floor?" Shayley suggested. "I'll go mingle."

"What about you?" I asked.

"Really? You want me to be fifth wheeling you all?" She drawled.

I went a little red at her implication of Shawn and I being a couple.

"Just shut up and come along," Jess told her.

So we joined Liam and Jacob on the dance floor and danced the hours away. This party was a whole lot more fun than the previous ones. I felt a bit tired so I detached myself from our group for a bit.

"I was hoping to see you here," a familiar voice said. God not this again.

"Not this again Kyle," I told him. "I really have nothing to say to you."

Ever since Shayley's party I've spent time convincing myself what I said to him was true. And so far it seems to be working. Don't get me wrong though, I still feel hurt by what he did.

"I know I'm the last person you want to talk to, but please Khalan," he begged.

I sighed. "Please Kyle, just go."

"No."

"Then give me a little time," I told him. "I promise you we'll talk when I'm ready."

"Just one question," he began. "Are you really over me?"