Chapter 50: I Was Practically Born With Two Left Feet

Start from the beginning

I took his hand and we began dancing.

"Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you tonight," he began. "My family's kept me busy."

"Oh it's alright," I said with a smug smile. "That blonde really took a lot of your time didn't she?"

He laughed. "What? Michaels, she's my cousin."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Awkward.

"Oh," I quickly said. "What about that brunette? The one practically stared at you like you're a giant plate of pizza."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, Liv."

"Liv," I echoed. "Nice nickname."

"She's the daughter of one of my dad's business partners," he groaned. "Dancing with her was an obligation."

I laughed a little. "One that wasn't so bad."

"Please," he said. "She's pretty and all but she really isn't for me."

"She isn't your type?"

He shrugged. "She's nice but she talks so much. I spent the entire time looking for some sort of off button. She's a little too loud and has a way bigger ego. And that's big coming from me."

I laughed. Shawn had dominant personality, so it's only natural he didn't exactly need someone who would clash with him.

"So are you okay now?" he smirked. "Done being jealous?"

"Me? Jealous?" I playfully scoffed. "Why would I be?"

"I don't know," he teased. "You tell me."

I stuck my tongue out at him and he just laughed.

"I have to admit something though," he said sheepishly.

"What?" I asked, a little nervous.

"The other day...before Shayley's party," he began. "I kinda knew there was a chance of a snowstorm."

"What? Why didn't you tell me then?"

"Because you would have said no to going out and moped around in your room all day," he answered.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my face. "No I wouldn't have."

He chuckled. "Being completely honest, I may have just wanted to spend time with you."

Did he jut say that?

I smiled, not bothering to hide my red cheeks. He had probably seen me blush a thousand times by now.

"I um...I have to tell you something Mi-"

"Time to switch," someone pointed out, cutting Shawn off.

"Really?" he asked his brother.

"Yup," Freddie grinned.

I chuckled and took his hand, letting go of Shawn.

"Oh," I stopped to say. "You were about to say something?"

He shrugged. "It's nothing. It can wait. You look really beautiful tonight by the way."

I smiled. "Thanks," I responded and turned back to Freddie.

Christmas at Shawn's with my friends was fun. We danced, and ate and laughed. Usually I spent my Christmas evenings curled up on the couch in the living room watching a movie with the rest of my family, but this was definitely a nice change.

"I'll be in the car," Shayley told me when it was time to go.

"Okay," I sang. "I'll be right there."

I put my phone in my clutch and got up from my seat, scanning the room for Shawn. I couldn't see him. Oh well, I'll just call him from the car then, to let him know we're leaving.

Immediately I stepped outside the hall I heard him call my name.

I turned. "Oh, I didn't see you. I was just going to give you a call."

"Yeah," he began. "I was busy with someone. Almost forgot to give you this."

I got confused when he pulled out a small rectangular box from his pocket.

"You got me something?" I asked and he nodded sheepishly. "Well now I feel bad, I didn't get you anything."

He shook his head. "Don't, this is just to thank you."

"I feel like you're always thanking me," I snickered.

"Yeah well you've done a lot," he said, putting his hands in his pockets. Are my eyes deceiving me or was Shawn Mitchell's face actually reddening. "Tutoring and all."

"Right," I stated. According to Mr. Walden Shawn's grades were way better now. He didn't need any tutoring after the break. I was a little sad about that though, but hey, we could still hang out.

"Go ahead, open it," he told me.

I opened it and saw the prettiest bracelet ever. It had little dangling pink beads and a small plate with the inscription, 'Wild at Heart'.

"Shawn," I gasped. "It's beautiful. I love it, thank you."

"Really, you like it?" he asked and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm not exactly good at gifts and stuff so-"

"It's perfect," I cut him off. "Wait, was this one of your last minute gifts?"

He chuckled. "Nope...it was way last. I didn't exactly know what to get you so I asked Lilah to help."

"Well I love it," I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Shawn."

"Merry Christmas Michaels!" he said when I turned to leave.

I smiled at him. "Merry Christmas Shawn."

A/N

Up there is how I picture their dresses. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please keep voting and commenting :).

- amani