Chapter 39: Did She Fall Or Something?

Start from the beginning

"Need me to take her off your hands?" I asked Isabelle as I approached her.

"I love her but, she's quite hyper isn't she. I swear you boys need to stop giving her candy. She's crashing right into my petunias," she chuckled.

"Don't worry," I said. I proceeded to take her but stopped.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Hey Isabelle, I um...kinda need some advice," I began, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

Let's face it. Those boys were about as useless as an umbrella in the desert right about now.

She looked up, probably as shocked as I was judging from her face. "Sure...sure what is it?"

"Well um," I cleared my throat awkwardly. "It's sort of girl related."

"Is this about the Khalan girl you brought over the other night?" she teased with a smile.

"First of all I didn't bring her over. She showed up," I laughed. "And you let her stay."

She laughed at that. I got a clear view of her face. Logan may not have been entirely wrong. Isabelle wasn't my mom, no one was, but she did have the same black hair, although hers was curly. She lacked the green eyes, but the love you could see in her clear brown ones made up for it. And her laugh. It reminded me of my mom's so much. It had the same warmth and happiness flooding it. I had been hard on Isabelle. Maybe too hard. My problems are with my dad, and I shouldn't take my anger out on her. Me being the reluctant one, I never spent a lot of time with her, so I didn't know her as well as my brothers and sister do and vice versa. Maybe it's time I gave her a chance.

"But yeah," I finished. "It's her."

"Oh you're planning on asking her out or something?"

"No...no," I answered. "She's seeing someone."

"Well then what happened?" she asked.

"I...I kinda almost kissed her," I told her.

She looked up with a concerned look. "Almost? I thought you said she has a boyfriend."

"That's the thing," I continued. "I didn't care. I don't know why."

"Well what stopped you?"

"Well she might have wanted to say something but it was basically a stupid phonecall," I replied.

She chuckled and got up, wiping her hands on her overalls. "Shawn, do you see what's going on here?"

I shrugged. "What?"

She rolled her eyes. "I swear boys are so oblivious. You like her."

I paused for a second there. "What? No I don't...do I?" I questioned.

"Well you like hanging out with her a lot don't you?" she asked.

"Well yeah, she's awesome," I shrugged.

"Really what makes her?" she asked.

I chuckled. "I don't know. I annoy her a lot but that doesn't seem to piss her off. She's smart, and fun, and gets me, and I see what you did there."

She laughed.

"So um...supposing that's true, what do I do?" I continued. "The whole feelings thing isn't exactly my piece of cake."

"Just follow your heart. Do what your gut tells you," she answered. "When the time comes, tell her how you feel, and I bet you she'll feel the same way."

I nodded. I proceeded to walk away but stopped.

"Hey Isabelle?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

She smiled. "You're welcome Shawn. Always here if you need me."

I nodded and went to pick up my sister. She was probably worn out from all the running around.

"So, what do you want to do Harp? You up for a movie?" I asked her once I brought her up to my room.

"Movie!" she squealed.

I chuckled and let her down on the bed beside me.

"So what are you up for?" I continued. "I've got Fast and Furious, Saw, Final Destination, Mission Impossible."

"I don't know what those are," she pouted.

"I'm messing with you," I laughed and turned on my laptop.

Thanks to her I had an entire folder full of Disney animations and whatever it is little girls like to watch. Jacob found it once, I never heard the end of it, so now I just keep it hidden. I sighed and played Peter Pan for her. The things I do for this little girl.

I randomly picked up my wallet which was lying on my bedside table. I chuckled when I opened it and took out the picture I took with Khalan that day at the Dalewood fair. She stuck it in there without my knowledge, and somehow I just left it there. Couldn't bring myself to remove it.

Oh look at yourself Shawn, sounding like such a sap. What the hell has this girl done to you?

I looked over to Harper. Not even halfway through the movie and she's already sound asleep. I knew she'd be exhausted from that sugar rush. She looked so peaceful asleep, but then she'll eventually wake up and eat more candy. If I stop playing this movie she'll wake up like two minutes later and start throwing her adorable little tantrums. Nevertheless I stopped it and began watching something I liked.

Seven minutes later.

"Shawn!" she whined.

Here we go...

A/N

Taken a turn to Shawn's POV. I hope you enjoyed it :). Keep voting and commenting.

- amani