Chapter 38: You Didn't Die So That's Another Win

Start from the beginning

"You did all this?" Shayley asked in admiration.

"The guys and I...yeah," he replied. "But sometimes I like to come here on my own."

"So are we going to go inside it?" I asked.

"Not today," he chuckled as Liam and Jacob brought out spray cans from a dufflebag. "Today, we're artists."

"So what do we paint?" Jess asked.

"That's the best part," he answered. "Anything you want."

And so like the 'artists' that we were we got to spraying. I went round to look at the other stuff on the other side of the building. I stopped in front of half a face painted onto the wall.

"Admiring my work I see," Shawn said with a small smile when I turned.

"Oh, you did this one?" I asked.

He pointed to a spot below it at his initials S.M. painted next to it.

"Can I ask?" I began. "Why half a face?"

He sighed. "Because Michaels, everyone has a mask they hide behind. I mean, you think you know someone when in actual fact you're completely oblivious to the person underneath."

I nodded in understanding. "So it's like we only know one half of the people we think we know."

"Exactly," he said. "Come on, let's go."

We walked back to where the others were.

"Can we go get something to eat now?" Austin asked.

"Yeah sure," Jacob agreed. "Let's go."

I proceeded to the van with the others but Shawn grabbed my wrist.

"Not you Michaels, we're going on an adventure," he told me with a smirk.

"Excuse me?"

"I quite remember a bet which was made concerning my History mid-terms," he began.

"Oh no," I said knowing where this was going.

"You promised to do something outrageous with me one day," he continued. "And guess what? Today's that day."

"We'll see you guys later," Shawn told the others.

"Have fun," Liam said. "And try not to kill her."

"You knew?" I asked.

"Who do you think drove his car down here for him?" he answered with a chuckle.

"See ya," Shayley told us.

"Tell my mom I love her if I don't make it!" I yelled to them.

"Okay Drake!" Austin joked as he yelled back.

When the van was out of sight Shawn turned to me. "You ready?"

"To die? No, I don't think that was on my agenda for today," I told him.

He chuckled. "I won't kill you Princess, let's go."

"Fine, but you're buying me food after," I groaned and got into his car.

"That's all it takes doesn't it?" he chuckled and I hit his arm.

"Where are we going?" I asked after he drove for a while.

He smirked. "Don't worry Michaels we're almost there."

True to his word he slowed down and parked after a few minutes. My mouth hung open when I saw where he brought me.

"You're taking me paragliding?!" I exclaimed.

He smiled. "Yup."

I shook my head. "Shawn I'm not doing this."