Chapter 20 - Summers End

Chapter 20

“Bell please come out of the toilet,” Steph called knocking on the door lightly.

“No,” I replied tears cascading down my face as I sat on the toilet.

“Please so we can talk,” Steph asked.

“Why would she do this to me,” I questioned.

“Because she’s a bitch,” Steph said.

“I never even spoke to her why is she so mean,” I wondered resting my head in my hands.

“Because she’s jealous,” Steph said.

“Why would she be jealous of me,” I asked.

“Because you are pretty, smart, nice have best friends,” Steph listed.

“Don’t forget pregnant,” I added.

“Bell come on, please come out so we can talk,” she begged.

“No… My life is over,” I cried.

“Don’t think like that… say that this baby is just the start and who cares what other people think anyway, you’re stronger than any of them,” she said.

“But you’re not the one walking around pregnant and everyone hating you,” I stated.

“The Bell I know doesn’t care what people think because you know the only people that love you are the only ones you need in your life,” Steph said.

I heard a knock on the door then James call Steph’s name.

“I’ll be back in a sec,” she said then left the room.

“Bell are you in here,” I heard a voice say that wasn’t Steph, James or Tom.

I sniffled a bit from the crying; I hope he didn’t hear it.

“It’s Julian, I know what it feels like for everyone to be talking about you,” Julian started.

“It’s not the same thing,” I mumbled.

“Well my sister also got pregnant remember,” Julian reminded me.

Sadie is two years older than us and had a baby in her Junior year, I still remember what people said and thought, she lost everything friends, boyfriend and her popularity. And that’s what I’m most scared of losing the people that I love.

“Do you remember what people thought about me when I came out,” he asked.

“Yes, everyone avoided you but then you became popular because all of the girls wanted a gay friend… but Julian you can always change, I can’t I’m in this for life,” I stated.

“But I don’t want to change I except the way I am and you should too,” he replied.

“Julian I’m scared do you know that my parents also kicked me out,” I told him.

“Yeah it’s going around school now,” he informed me.

“Great,” I sighed.

“Are you listening,” he wondered.

“Yes,” I answered.

“Bell your strong you helped me pull though a tough time in my life and I’m going to help you do the same. One thing you told me when I came out was and I quote ‘You know who you are so don’t let other people get to you’ and you’re sitting on a toilet doing the exact opposite. Everything that happens here at school is shaping you to be a mother so don’t show them your weak side walk out there with your head held high,” he said.