Part-82

"So this was the reason why Vidhushi asked me to tell you to contact her, that she can go the hospital with you." Randhir concluded as Sanyukta finished with her tale about Vidhushi.

They were sitting in a diner waiting for their lunch while discussing about the events happened from morning till then. It was one of their favorite time, sitting with each other doing nothing and talking about all the random stuffs with least of the worries about the surrounding.

"Uh-hmm." She nodded, looking around her surrounding and drinking the beauty of the place.

It was a small diner situated few streets down the road from the office. The place was neither crowed nor completely vacant. Just was filled with right amount of people to keep Sanyukta at ease. Thank god it wasn't crowed because truthfully she wasn't a big fan of crowds, it make her feel suffocated.

"Loved the place?" Randhir asked as he saw her admiring the place.
"Yes." She agreed shifting her attention back to the man sitting in front of her.  "Had you been here before?" She asked.

"This place is quite old, around 50-60 years. I first came here with dad when I was 10 and since then I'm in love with this place. Dad told me this diner was very famous in 80s and 90s. Even mom and dad had their first date here." Randhir narrated the things  he knew.

"Really?" Sanyukta asked. Her amazed tone was clear indication how much she was loving this new information.
"Yup." He smiled.

"It looks like not many people now a days consider coming here."
"The new trends of dining in a five star hotel, going to pubs and clubs and preferring quick meals of pizza and burger over something what this place serve are some of the reason it isn't much crowed."

"You are in no position to judge other people Randhir because you are no different. In fact we are one of them."
"Don't get me wrong, baby, I'm not judging anyone. I'm just stating the fact. Yes, I'm like the person I had described  a moment ago but it doesn't harm me to come to this place once in while."

"May be not many  people these days know about this place. This could also be a reason. Like I was unaware of this place until you told me." She explained.
"May be." He shrugged.

"Why haven't you brought me here before?"
"I don't know. May be because I thought you will not like it as it is quite old and nothing fancy, but today I thought to give it a try." He shrugged again.
"This place is relaxing. The interior gives kind of a cozy feeling."

"I know. I had been a lot here during my college days and before I met you. This was my escape from all the commotion and hustle bustle going in my life."
"Thank you for letting me know about the important parts of your life." She said grabbing his palm and giving it a light squeeze. She was glad that he was opening about the little things of his past and letting her in.
"You are my escape now." He said bring her palm to his lips and kissing her knuckles softly. "I don't need anything except you in my life."

Their conversation came to a halt as the lunch they had ordered appeared in front of them.

"Thank you." Randhir said to the waiter.

"So Randhir tell me how does it feel to be proven wrong." Sanyukta raised her brows with a smirk plastered on her delightful lips.
"Huh!" Randhir dropped his fork and looked at her in confusion.

"You were so sure that Vidhushi wanna meet me so that she can have a little inside scoop of our much talked holidays in Goa but it seems like we had other matters in our hand." Sanyukta chuckled as finished her sentence.

The atmosphere somehow had become too serious and she was trying to bring back the normality. This lunch was not meant for some serious talk.

"Please Sanyukta." Randhir rolled his eyes and picked up his fork again before replying to her. "Don't act as if my sister was some saint and the topic was never brought up during the whole meet. I'm sure she was persistent enough to make you spill something. May be not all but might be few things."