Part-45

Easy said is hard done. How easy it was for Vidhushi and Sanyukta to agree to their plan. But only sanyukta
knew how tough it gonna be to actually do that. Tough is an understatement. This will be next to impossible.

"You are zoning out too much now a days." Randhir snapped breaking her trance.

Randhir had went down to bring their
food. He never left her alone from the time she had come back home. Sanyukta tried hard to avoid him or
make him stay away from her but Randhir was too stubborn at his decision of not leaving her alone.

"It's nothing like that.. you are just assuming things." Sanyukta said irritatingly. Randhir noticed the her tone but still kept mum thinking it is all just due to the illness.

"OK fine.." He surrendered. "Now open your mouth.. time for dinner." He said taking a spoon in front of her mouth.

How badly sanyukta wanted to hug
him and let him feed her but no she can't be weak. She was never weak.

"I can feed myself..." She said sternly and took the plate from his hand.
"I know you can feed yourself but I just wanted to feed you." He pouted.

'Control Sanyukta.. Don't look at his pout.. it's not as tempting as it looks.' She thought.

"No need Randhir... You should not bother so much about me.. I can take care of myself."
"Fine.." He gave up. He was in no mood to argue right then.
"Now can you please continue eating your food."

Dinner was silent between the both.
Randhir didn't like this silence. It made him remind their old gloomy days but he can't do anything.

"You take your medicines till then I'll just come from down." He said.

As he went out Sanyukta sighed. "Sorry Randhir.." She mumbled to herself and lay down on the bed to sleep. She don't want to face him again. Its better to sleep then to
hurt him again. She saw the look on his face when she talked to him rudely yet he covered it with a smile.

After few minutes Randhir stepped inside the room only to find sanyukta
sleeping with her back facing the door. He slowly tip toed towards her and covered her properly with sheet before placing a chaste kiss on her
forehead.

He turned off the lights and settled himself beside her and hugged her from back.

"I love you.." He murmured before falling asleep.

As soon as he whispered those words how badly Sanyukta wanted to smack her lips on his and and tell him she loves him too. She some how controlled her urge to do so and shut her eyes to gain some sleep if she can.

Her heart wanted to turn around and hug him back. To take out that damn shirt of his. It should be her sticking to him and not some random shirt of his.

But her brain has always been the controlling one. It stopped her from turning and hugging him back. Heart
and pain go hand in hand, the brain thought. May be the Heart is strong enough to handle the pain but the
brain is too weak to go through any.

People are strong-headed but it seems like her brain is not strong to go with heart and suffer pain.

"Sanyukta if you are done pretending you are asleep then you can tell me what is disturbing you." He whispered
near her ear. "And if you don't want to talk.. we can do something else too." He said huskily tugging her earlobe.

"Randhir I'm trying to sleep.. its you who is disturbing my sleep.. will you please remove your hand and shift
a little.. its suffocating.. I.. need space.." She said. Her voice cracking in the end.

And within a moment she got the space she wanted. Her body instantly felt cold as soon as his body withdrew from her. Taking away the warm with him.

She slowly turned her head to look at him who was now facing her back.
She gulped her saliva and wiped her tears. She too turned her back facing his back and shut her eyes while tears still made ways through her eyes.

That night both slept facing each other back like old sweet days *note the sarcasm*