Part-6

"Mom..don't worry i will bring her reports while coming back from the office." Randhir said as he sat
beside Sanyukta for the breakfast.
It has been a week since checkup had been done.
During this one week Randhir pampered Sanyukta in all possible way. He took care of her still being in her comfort zone.
Randhir started attending office as Harsh was out on a business trip.
But he make sure that he attend only the important meetings and reach home as early as possible.
Even Sanyukta 'liked' the way he pampered her.
Never in her life nobody show so much protectiveness towards her not even her parents.
"I hope everything will be fine." Renuka said.
"Everything will be fine mom...don't worry." He encircled his arms around Sanyukta's shoulder and rubbed it lightly. Assuring himself more than her that everything is normal.
"OK Sanyukta bye..i will be back soon..you take rest and dare you skip your medicines." He kissed her hair.
Their comfort level has reached a new phase. Now Sanyukta don't feel scared in his presence. Actually she really started liking his presence. His presence is enough these days to make her comfortable. She knew
Randhir has not even touch his  drinks from when she had fallen ill. May be this is the reason he is able to control his inner devil. She want everything to remain like this only. She liked this side of Randhir. She wished to know more about this Randhir. May be she can 'love'
this Randhir. But she shuddered at her own thoughts. She know that monster Randhir is still present inside him. It make come out any time. May be this 'good' Randhir is present only till she is sick. Once she will be fine as
before. Randhir will be again back to normal.
'Normal'.?? This is normal Randhir or that is normal Randhir..a new question developed in her mind. But
she 'shoved' away all the thoughts and decided to enjoy this blissful moments as long as she could.
"Randhir.." she wishpered.
"Hmmm." He humed turning back.
"Come soon." She smiled a little
He nodded. A smile crept on his lips.
This was the first time Sanyukta initiated something.
Yeah it was a small talk...a very small indeed but it was Sanyukta who started it. It was more than enough
for Randhir. He wished all this remain like this only. Forever and ever.
------------------------------
"Mom..did Randhir called you?" Sanyukta asked all tensed.
"No beta..he did not called me..what happen..any problem?'' Renuka caressed her hair.
"Wo actually..its quite late and wo abhi tak aaye nahi..he told me he will come early today." Sanyukta said while playing with her saree's end. Renuka smiled seeing her daughter in law's cute antics.
"Mere reports hoge na unke pass..isliye maine pucha..i want to know kya hai reports me." Sanyukta said to cover up as she saw renuka smiling.
"I can understand beta.." she patted her cheeks.
"You don't need to give me any explaination." Renuka smiled
again making Sanyukta cheeks flush red due to embarresment.
Sanyukta never thought she will worry about Randhir whereabouts. She never thought his absence will stress her  so much. She never thought among all the people
in the world she will care for Randhir. So true it has been said 'never say never' because we ourself don't
know when we start doing things which said we will never do.
'Is he all right?'
'Are the reports normal?'
All this question captured her mind when her trance was broken by renuka.
"Sanyukta beta...you had your dinner?" She asked all concerned.
"No Mom i was waiting for Randhir." She said coming out of her thoughts.
From when she started waiting for him to have her dinner never before she did so then why today?
Again a thought crossed her mind.
"Beta you should have your dinner...we don't know how much time he will take and  then you have to take your medicines also..and i don't want you to be careless with your medicines and all."
Sanyukta just nodded
"You sit her i will serve you." Renuka made Sanyukta sit on the chair as she served the food. After completing her dinner she went up to take her medi course.
The clock struck 11 but still there was no sign of Randhir. Renuka was pacing to and fro in the hall and
kept on dialling his number but every time the call went unanswered. On the other hand Sanyukta was sleeping peacefully due to heavy dose of medicines and had no idea that his husband is missing.
-------------------------------
"Randhir where were you?" Renuka asked as Randhir entered the house.
He did not replied and started walking towards his room.
"Randhir are you drunk?" Renuka asked.
"N..nooooo... mom." He slurred.
"Randhir come...sit here. I'll bring some water for you." She made him sit on the sofa.
"Mom..i need to see Sanyukta..where is she"
"Baby..she is in the room..she is sleeping"
"I'm going to my room. I need to see her." He said and got up to go.
"Randhir first drink this." Reuka gave him the lemonade. "And now tell me  what made you drink today..you were suppose to bring the reports I guess." She caressed his hair.
"Mom...how is sanyukta." He again avoided renuka's question.
"Randhir she is OK..you tell me..what was in the reports.. Did you bring the reports"
"Mom..wo.." he stammered
"What happen Randhir reports mil gai na?" He nodded.
"So where is report..is everything fine."
As he heard renuka asking for reports he broke down crying.
"Mom..reports.." he hugged renuka crying bitterly.
"What happened Randhir...is everything OK...tell me what is in the reports?"
"Mom..mai Sanyukta se bhut pyaar karta hu..i love her a lot..mom I can't loose her..mom..tell me she will be fine."
"Sanyukta will be fine ...Randhir please calm down."
"Mom..sanyukta is suffering from...brain tumor.."
"Beta..are you sure. Are the reports correct? Did you checked the reports..are you sure..wo Sanyukta ke hi reports hai." Renuka could feel herself shivering.
"Mom..mai Sanyukta ke pass jaa rahu..from now on I will not leave her alone for a minute." He got up and headed towards his room.
As he open the door he saw her sleeping peacefully.
Though she looked pale there was some sort of calmness on her face.
"I love you Sanyukta." He murmured as he sat beside her pecking her forehead.
"Randhir you need to rest." Renuka said entering the room.
"No mom..I don't need rest..Right now sanyukta needs care."
"Randhir first you rest...then you will be able to take her care" She said making him lie on the bed and
taking out his shoes and shocks. She covered him with the dauvet.
"Mom...dont tell Sanyukta..that I was drunk...she dont like it." He pleaded in his slurry tone.
"I wont." She said switching off the light. "Now sleep."
He hugged Sanyukta from the back placing his hand on her's and kissing her hair.