Part-69

"Randhir.." Sanyukta looked at him who was busy driving the car. "Are you sure hotel is this way only?" She asked him.

At first idea of long drive from Mumbai to Goa excited Sanyukta but then she realized that it will be too tiring for Randhir.

She even asked him to cancel this long drive plan and they should go by a flight only. This way their time and energy both will be saved.

But  Randhir being the stubborn man didn't listened to her and was adamant that they will go by car only. He know how much she love these long drives.

"Yes Sanyukta I'm sure." He replied in a bit of irritated tone.

Sanyukta noticed the tone of his voice but choose to ignore it. He is driving since hours and that irritated tone is because of tiredness. She thought. Though they have taken few breaks in the journey but still anybody can feel tired. Only a good night sleep can cure this tiredness.

"But Randhir it has been around half and hour since we have entered Goa.. Still your hotel hasn't come." She taunted, trying to cheer him up.
"Sanyukta." He breathed deeply before continuing further. "I know where I'm going. So let me drive."

"But Randhir.." She looked outside the window to see only darkness. It was midnight. "It's so dark outside. Are you sure we are going on the right direction." She asked again looking at him. She was in no mood to give up.

"Sanyukta how many times you have been to Goa?" He asked. His voice louder than he wanted it to come.

Sanyukta was shocked to listen to his change in voice.

"Not even once?" He again asked in the same tone.

She was too shocked to reply anything. She don't know what has she done to make him so angry. All this was his idea. She never forced him to do anything then why he is being angry on her. She was just trying to lighten up his mood.

She just shook her head in reply.

"I have been here many times.  I know this place better than you. So shut up and let me drive. I know where we are going." He snapped at her.

Sanyukta didn't know when tears welled up in her eyes at his words. That was very rude of him.

"Sorry.." She replied and looked outside the window.

After few minutes when his mind calmed down then he realized what blunder he had done. It was not her fault then also he shouted on her and that too badly. She was just trying to cheer up his scowl mood. And not only he was rude but he said something he should not have said. He sighed.

Blame this headache for making him act like a total jerk.

"Sanyukta.." He whispered slowly.
"Hmm.." She just hummed without looking at him. She was still looking outside the window. There was nothing interesting there. Just plain empty road with few lights glowing here and there. It was all dark. Still better than the view inside the car.

"I love you." He said.
"I know.." She replied.

Randhir sighed hearing her reply. He knew he had crossed a line. Damn his anger. He cursed. But he can't let things ruin. This not how he had planned this weekend. It was his mistake so it is his responsibility to make things right.

He pulled over his car and turned towards her.

"Princess.." This time he called her more softly. "Look at me." He said holding her wrist and making him turn towards him.

And before he could know, she pulled him in a tight hug.

"Is it my fault Randhir that my parents never took me anywhere? Is it my fault that I have never been to Goa? Or was it my fault that I was trying to cheer you up?" She spoke between her sobs.

Randhir heart pained seeing her crying like this. Of all the things he can't see her crying and it is even worse when he was the reason of her tears.

"None of it your fault. I know I should not have said all that. You know how at times my mind stop working and I utter all rubbish." He rubbed her back thus putting stop to her sobs.

"I love you." He again said kissing the top of her head.
"I love you too." She mumbled rubbing her nose against his shirt.

He smiled at her act and again kissed her hair.

This was their I'm sorry and it's OK.

Short part..
I know but next one will be of reasonable size..:)