Part-56

Today was finally the day. Everyone was hell worried and tensed regarding the operation. The restlessness was clearly visible on everybody's faces except Randhir
and Sanyukta who had covered it up with forced smiles.

They knew they can't act weak. Because they know they need each other and right now being weak
is the last option. They want to be each other strength and not their weakness.

"Are you scared?" Randhir at last gathered some courage to ask her this question.
"No." She shook her head and forced a smile.

She had been laying on the hospital bed since morning and answering the same question with that same forced
smile.

"Sanyukta.." Randhir sighed as he kiss her knuckles. "You know that I will not buy that lie of yours. You can
fool everybody." He gestured to the people standing outside the room. Giving couple the much needed
privacy. "But not me." He said.

And instead of answering him in words she pulled him for a bone crushing hug.

"Yes..I'm scared." She said in between her sobs. Still hugging him her tightest. "Randhir.. I want to wake up in your arms.. after the operation.. I want to live.. I want to live with you... promise me Randhir I will be fine. Tell me that everything will be OK. All this will end soon and then we will live happily ever after. Just like those fairytale stories." She said as her tears kept on wetting his shirt.

"I promise love.. we will have our fairytale ending." He assured her rubbing her back. "Now stop crying." He wiped her tears from his thumb.
"Its not good for your health." He flopped a kiss on her forehead.

"All ready." Doctor asked as he entered the room.
"Yes doctor." Sanyukta said bravely. "But can I get few more minutes with my husband?" She asked.
"Sure." The doctor replied.

"Randhir.." Sanyukta took a deep breath before continuing. "Whatever I just now said it was the emotional
me. The stupid me." She took his hands between hers.
"Now promise me you will not argue with me for what I'm going to say now. You will listen to me carefully."
She said.

"It depends on what will you say." He said.
"First promise me you will not get angry."

"I will not promise anything until I hear you." He said.
"Promise me please.." She pouted.
"Fine." He rolled his eyes.

"Randhir promise me that if anything happens to me.."
"Sanyukta.." He interrupted.

"Let me speak..." She said. "If anything will happen to me you will not stop living your life. You will not become the old Randhir. You will move on in your life. You will give your life a second chance. You will find a nice girl who will love you from beginning and marry her too. And if possible you will forget me too." Her voice cracked in the end.

"Sanyukta you will be fine... I love you.. I won't let anything happen to you." He cupped her face and
kissed her softly.
"I love you too Randhir." She said deepening the kiss.

Everybody was tensed sitting outside the OT whereas as Randhir keep on pacing to and fro keeping his mind
void of any negativity.

It has just been an hour since Sanyukta went inside but still he was not able to calm himself. And Damn! This instinct. Why are they making him more nervous?

"Bhai.. I know you are tense but walking like this will not do anything. Please come and sit with us." Kaustuki
said to Randhir.
"Kaustuki I don't want to sound rude either.. but I just want to left alone for a while." He said.

Kaustuki nodded understandingly and went back to join Harsh and Renuka who were equally worried like Randhir.

"Randhir.." Parth called him as he walked towards him.

Why everybody is eager to talk to him today? Why can't they see he want to be alone and not want to talk to anybody right now. He groaned to himself.

"Hmm." He just hummed.
"How's is sanyukta." Parth placed his hand on Randhir's shoulder.
"She is inside. Let's see."
"She will be fine." Parth patted his shoulder in order to comfort him.
"She has to be." He whispered with a intensity in his voice.

Parth heard his words and the intensity in his voice. He too want Sanyukta to get well soon. But god forbid if anything happens to her Randhir will be broken beyond repair. Sanyukta defiantly has her effect on him. Both negative and positive. He thought.

"Sorry Vidhushi could not come. She was not well." Parth said to divert his mind from on going thoughts.

Hearing of Vidhushi made Randhir remember all her act. And by the way Parth was talking about Vidhushi
it looks he still has no idea about his wife deeds. She is too coward to tell her husband but was brave enough
to do with him. Randhir thought in disgust. But of all the things she did with them, Randhir know how much
she love Parth. And he will not stoop to her levels and Tell parth about everything. He know what being with
your loved one means.

"Its OK. Much people are not needed." Randhir replied breaking his Chain of thoughts.