Chapter 33: Just You And Me

Start from the beginning

"Ha," he said. "There's still a lot you've got to figure out."

"You did good though, thanks for helping Austin out. I know you're not too keen on playing for a lot of people," I told him.

"Oh you know, happy helper, that's me," he joked.

I laughed. "Whatever Shawn."

"So, up to the roof now?" he asked.

"Um," I began. "How about we skip studying for today?"

He looked at me. "Who are you and what have you done with my tutor?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just tired, that's all."

"Okay," he said shutting his locker. "How about we do something then?"

I sighed. "I don't know."

"Nothing wild Princess," he told me. "Just you and me."

I contemplated for a second but agreed anyways. I had fun with Shawn.

I followed him to his car. He drove to the park, where we just sat on a bench talking about stuff.

"Shawn?" I called when he spaced out. I noticed his gaze was on a woman picking her son off the ground while the other two played with each other.

"Yeah?" he asked snapping out of it.

"You miss her...don't you?" I asked him.

"Who?"

"Your mom."

He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Forget it," I quickly said. "I'm sorry I brought it up."

"No it's okay," he told me. "Yeah I do, but I'm okay."

I nodded. "You know if you ever want to talk about it-"

"I know," he said cutting me off. "I know you're there Michaels."

I gave him a small smile.

"Come on," he said and stood up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere," he simply replied.

He drove somewhere and told me to follow him as he got out. Then I noticed where we were; a cemetery.

"Shawn I-"

"It's just a cemetery Michaels, no need to be scared," he interfered. "Come on?"

I took in a deep breath and he took me by my wrist and I followed. We both stopped when we came to one tombstone:

Susan Marie Mitchell
Loving wife, mother
and friend.

"I used to come here everyday," he said with a chuckle. "I'd sit with my guitar and just play for her."

"What changed?" I asked.

He looked at me. "I got better I guess. I wasn't perfect, but better."

"Have you ever brought your sister here?" I asked.

He laughed. "She probably wouldn't sleep for the next two months. Maybe when she's older."

I laughed softly. It amazed me to see him laughing like this. I'd probably bawl my eyes out everytime I came here if I was in his shoes.

"Let's go," he told me.

"You sure you don't wanna stay for a bit?" I questioned.

"I'm fine Michaels, let's go," he assured.

I agreed and got into his car with him.

"See you tomorrow," I said as I got out in front of my house.

"Later," he called as he drove away.

After dinner I sat on the couch in the living room surfing through channels. Today had been an interesting day. From Jess and Austin to Shawn.

"What are you hinking about kiddo?" my brother asked as he hopped onto the couch too.

"Nothing much," I told him, pausing for a bit before speaking up. "Shawn took me to his mother's grave today."

"Wow, he lost his mom?" Charlie asked.

Oops. Big mouth Khalan, big mouth.

"I don't know if you're supposed to know that but yeah," I answered.

"How was it?"

"He took it really well though," I replied. "What if he's not actually okay?"

"I've met him," Charlie said. "Don't worry about him, he's a strong guy."

I looked at him. "One night. You hung out with him for one night."

He chuckled. "And I know all I need to know."

I nodded. He was probably right. Maybe I didn't need to worry about Shawn so much.

Why did I worry about Shawn so much?

"What are you guys up to?" Emily came in cutting me off in my thoughts.

"How about we watch a movie?" Charlie offered. "When was the last time we did that together?"

"Few months ago when we totally trashed the place and fell asleep in front of the tv," Em replied.

I laughed at the memory. Our parents were gone for the entire day and let's just say we kinda turned the house upside down. Mom was so furious coming home to that the next morning, she made us clean the entire house.

"Let's just watch the movie. No horror though," I said. I wasn't a big fan of horror movies.

"I hear you Mia," he said with a chuckle.

He put the movie in and we watched, falling asleep like we did the last time.