|36|

Past Hate, Past Love

January 5, 2016
Chris's Place

Chris (POV)

I sat there getting lost in my thoughts as I looked at this man- well boy in front of me. Up until now he held a prestigious reputation in my book, but now I'm slowly losing respect for him. How can you call yourself a man, when you can't even go home and handle business. The thing that has me partially surprised is the undeniable 'self made' image he carries.

I mean he has three nieces that he cares for like they're his own, yet he forgets Kali and Mani.

How the hell can you forget those two?

I'm not gone sit here and lie, when I first laid eyes on Armani I wanted her...any man in their right mind would. But after getting to know and understand the real her, I wanted nothing more than to be there for her and Kali- to be a friend to them. To give them some form of assistance or laughter when they weren't high in spirits.

Another thing that had me bewildered beyond measures is how long it took me to put two and two together. I tend to pick up on things within seconds.

I mean all the signs were there. The way she would look when I would bring him up, the slight accent her and Kali shared, but tried to hide.

The dead give away was Kali though. I knew that she and Mani came from New Orleans, and so did he- but that wasn't the part that made it all come together.

It was the way Kali's entire nature changed when anything dealing with August came about. One of his songs, something in the media, just anything. I actually recall seeing her cry a few times, but the icing of it all was her reaction to his famous nickname 'bug'. He calls my baby bug.

I know I'm not the most ideal person in life, but I do a damn good job of trying to be the best person I can for my daughter.

When I met Mani a few years back, along with Kali and Jazmine, I treated them like my sisters when I got to know them. I viewed them as my girls that I had to protect— just as I do with my own child.

So quite frankly I'm highly disappointed in August's actions.

"Say, I said who ya' callin' a fuck nigga?!" The fuck nigga at the moment yelled snapping me back into reality.

"Yo' stick body ass, who else could I be talking to?!"

"Nah' I know damn well-,"

My phone started to ring in the chair I was sitting in, cutting his statement short. Me already being pissed, I snatched it up and swiped my finger across the screen to answer; not even checking the caller ID.

"What?!"

"C-Chris!"

Pulling the phone away from my ear, my confused countenanced was staring back at Jazmine's name plastered across the screen.

"Jazzy what's wrong, tell me what happened?!"

"M-Mani collapsed i-in the car, she-she-,"

"Jaz talk to me, tell me what's going on, please talk!"