|88|

Real Ones

Armani (POV)

"Bro came through with the proposal? Ok!" Lilian boosted as we walked through the model agency I once worked at with Jaz.

"Right,"Jaz cosigned,"Nigga ain't just put the ring on, he slammed that bitch on! Like bam! You see me hoes?!"

"Bitches gone be mad." Lilly yelled.

"You two are too silly." I giggled still full of a blissful feeling every since last night when August proposed to me.

We came here to help my sister start her modeling career, and watch Jaz do a few shots her manager booked for her, but all I wanted to do was get back to the house and make love to my man all day long.

Last night was the best night of my life, it was perfect, unexpected, but perfect in every way possible. He made my breath stop in the midst of it's path. I don't think I can love him anymore than I already do, but if I could I would. If I could take my heart out and give it to him a billion more times I'd do it each time because not only is my love for him strong, but also my trust- it's running deeper than it ever has for him. In the back of my mind I use to fear that he would leave me, that I would be all alone in a world with no true soul mate, but those thoughts have long vanished.

"Y'all love so real, I'm trying to get like that. Two thousand seventeen need to come through for me. " Lilian complained.

"Shut'cho young ass up! Ain't chu' 'bout six bruh?"

"Bitch hush,"She shoved me a bit,"From what I heard you and Aug was basically fucking when y'all seen y'all had yo' first pubic hair."

"We were not!" I defended.

"Well clearly you ain't gone tell the truth now, but it's cool, yo' premature sex secret is safe with me sis." She patted my back.

"That hoe said premature,"Jaz said dryly, with a stale face,"What's the opposite of alive?"

"Dead." I told her.

"Yeah, I'm that."

We all laughed at each other and the idiocy that we always thought of and said when it was the three of us.

I pulled out my phone and, and went to my messages that had one notification on it. Once I opened it I couldn't stop smiling at the picture of August and Kali doing the pout face filter, captioned 'We miss you... We love you!'

Love man...

Love is such a strange thing, isn't it? It makes you stupid, naive even, but when it's real you don't even care.

I have always had this odd appreciation for love. Love has always allowed me to go on when I had not a spec of power left in me, not a drop of fuel left to burn. I give love my full adulation- my gratitude...took me a while to realize it, but love is everything! Love is the reason for everything! Love has always been there, through Mel, through mama and Aug and my kali- it was there. When I felt a hateful vengeance towards life, love was there. Stitched into my anger, glistening in the fabrics of my pain...love was still there. I wouldn't even be able to know feelings such as anger, or sadness and pain had I not loved first. Love is a healer; love is what heals souls. Everything is love.

When I finally trusted him, August was the sheet of paper that I wrote onto when I had nothing left; when I was lost. I fell for him and he became apart of everything, he became apart of my love, by that I mean in every emotion I felt he was there, he was somewhere inside of me linked to that emotion- just love.