|70|

Don't skip over anything in this chapter, I understand some of it might be long, but this chapter is very deep and touches a lot of emotion, so please do not skip over things. Enjoy!
-MeMe

Promises

Same Day
Continued...

August (POV)

Looking at my queen looking like this made my blood boil with nothing but hatred. How could you do this to a woman, a beautiful one at that. If I thought Kali was bad, I was sorely mistaken, Mani needs medical attention right now as we speak. He clearly took things further than she could fight off. This nigga had the audacity to take my wife and my Kali and put them through such a traumatic ordeal.

Mani was wheezing into my chest and as much as I wanted to stay here and help my niggas out in offing a few of these bitches, I had to get her to the hospital. 

I quickly picked her up bridal style and carried her over to the steps taking them on two at a time as I carried her down. I can hardly recognize my baby and if it hadn't been for her eyes, I most likely wouldn't know who this was standing before me battered and beaten. My beautiful Armani beaten and stepped on to a point that she isn't recognizable, these niggas have stepped over boundaries that only a fool would dare put their foot across. When you're in this game it's a thing called respect; when me and Mel was doing this shit the hood and the people in it loved us. Yeah they feared us, but only when they seen we were about business. All in all they loved us man. They knew that we would never use our image to control them, or scare them into doing unimaginable things such as what this wanna be has been doing.

He got my people out here scared to walk out the door and sit on they porch, straight scared to speak his name. He got my mama worried about her kids and her nieces wellbeing. This bitch has been a treacherous demon in MY city......

But I'm back now, and I ain't leaving until I set things straight. Buh'lee dat!

Walking through the already bust down door, I made my way to the all black SUV. I put Mani in the passenger seat and quickly jogged over to the drivers side. As I was hopping in I mugged the house that was now full of blood from our opponents and sped down the road; letting the sound of gun fire fade out of my head.

"I-I'm so happy we g-got ta-ta' see you..." Armani coughed getting blood all over herself.

I was legit scared right now, I've never seen her like this, and I know for a fact her regular treatment will not cut it. A cold bath and her medicine were out of the picture right about now.

"Don't talk ok baybeh, juss-juss' hold on, I'm gone get you ta' da' hospital, ok?"

"I n-needed ta' see, you. I though-I thought he-wasn't gone, let me see...you."

"Mani please juss' wait fa' me, ok? Juss-Juss', juss' promise you'll be alright." I pleaded stealing a glance at her then looking back to the road that seemed to have gotten longer.

Slowly she turned her head towards me and I heard her gasping for breaths that she just couldn't get a grip of. Her shaking body started shaking a bit harder as she looked up to me with those orbs of purity, yet, hopelessness.

"And-And I don't think-I don't think I c-can make it." She sung lowly as best she could, but ultimately she ended up coughing up more blood. But the blood was the least of my worries, it was the verse she sung, the words she just spoke that had me on the verge of crying.