|3|

I'm coming for you

August (POV)

Continued.....

"Aye umm, shawty let me holla' at'cha fa' a sec." I called to her, only to receive a stale face from her— for what felt like hours— until she opened her mouth to speak.

"Da' names Mo' my nigga."

I couldn't resist the smirk forming on my face, this lil girl had attitude...interesting.

"Well Mo',"I mocked," I juss' wanna say I'm sorry 'bout that lil shit I pulled earlier, it's juss' .....it's a lot of niggas out fa' my big brotha' head,"I explained,"And I know I'm a lil nigga, but I gotta try my hardest ta' keep'em safe. Ya' heard meh'?"

She stared at me for a good minute or two and then she started making me a little uncomfortable with intensity of her gaze and what lied inside of those eyes. I was about to akwardly exit the premises; that is until she stood up and made her way towards me, never breaking eye contact. She was really started to strike me as crazy. She stood in front of me and looked me up and down then she smirked at me and held out her hands and dapping me up.

"Nawl it's coo', I unda'stand I pro'bly woulda did da' same fa' mines, oh but next time ya' pull a gun....use it playboy."

I looked at her through wide eyes not believing how open and blunt she was now being. I could tell by the way she was talking she was a little tomboy, but to be honest those are the best kinda girls to be around.

After being g properly introduced, we sat down and she told me how Mel basically saved her life about a month ago and how he became her safe home, her happy place I should say. I smiled at the fact that I could call a nigga like Mel my brother he made me so proud—I just wanted to be him some day. He was truly like a father figure to me. Even though he was a great person my heart went out to lil mama at the same time. I could tell she been through a lot of bullshit she didn't even deserve. And the pain that runs through her, Mel can't fix on his own.

We talked a while longer, just trying to get better acquainted with one another until Mel loud ass came in the room with her food.

"Bessfran, I got ya' some good ass gumbo." He yelled as he passed her the bowl staring a hole in her face waiting for her to take her first bite to see what she thought of 'da' good ass gumbo'.

She looked at him and chuckled before she picked up the spoon and held it to her lips, she then opened her mouth and by the look on her face it must have been pretty delicious.

"I mean it's aight' bessfren', it ain't all'at."

She shouldn't have said that.

Mel placed his hand over his heart and took a few steps back with a hurt expression on his face.

"Oh ma' Gawd, nawl bessfran' don't tell meh' ma' Nawlins cookin' ain't up ta' par," he started looking around the room frantically like he was looking for something, he grabbed a picture of our ma off the table and held it to his chest.

"Ma I'm sorry man," he grabbed his chest and started taking deep breaths,"my chest I can't breath, I can't cook, I can't do shit." By this time me and Mo' was cracking up. My brothers always been a character but today he was showing out, I liked it though. He fell to the floor and started crawling over to Mo', once he got to her he plopped down on top of her while she laughed uncontrollably.