|81|

Home

1 Week Later
1:00 P.M.

Armani (POV)

"Ma c'mon!" August groaned putting the last suitcase into the car.

"Y'all might as well stay hea' fa' da' rest of y'all lives,"She sniffed with a childish pout across her face,"Y'all been hea' dis' long."

"Ma if you don't stop you gone get Mani started." He whispered harshly.

"But I don't want my baybehs ta' leave!" She cried holding onto him.

Today was the day we were heading back home to the A. We were scheduled for two weeks here, but of course with everything that happened our trip got side tracked. So, now that me and my Kali are healed up to a certain extent, the doctors said it's safe for us to travel, and go ahead back home.

In all honesty, there were several parts of me that wanted to stay rooted right here — that wanted to stay surrounded by an abundance of endless love. My family truly didn't know how much they meant to me, even the parts of the family that weren't blood. I thank God for them everyday. It's usually the times that we all are just sitting around laughing about our lives — the days that we do absolutely nothing that I cherish the most. Those are the memories that I store in my volt filled with beautiful reminiscent moments. It's crazy because that same volt use to be the one that held all my pain and suffering in it, but thanks to them all those bad times were replaced with the best times of my life. Me and Kali were in a place full of nothing, it was filled with cold breezes, and a light that always seemed to be so far out of reach......

But because of our family we soon got a hold of that light; that light was them.

"Aww man, I told you ta' cut it out ma, nah' look at what you did." He huffed looking over at me with concerned eyes.

I met his gaze trying to figure out why everyone was staring at me with concerned sad stares, that is, until I felt the wet warmness dripping from my chin.

I rose my hand and touched my cheek, and sure enough I was crying.

"Oh," I laughed wiping my cheek, "I'm sorry guys, I didn't even know."

I thought I was holding my composure as best as I could, but as soon as I allowed myself to drift off into the chambers of my mind, that's when everything hit me. I was leaving my sanity today, the glue that put me back together. I tried hard not to dwell inside of my head because I knew that would only make it worse. These people - these beautiful God sent people - were the reason I was alive today, the reason I was happy today. I could never lose my love in my heart for them.

I looked over all my family members and everyone that stood before me genuinely saddened by the fact that we were leaving, and felt a fresh batch of tears trying to escape.

My once over of everyone came to a stop once I noticed one particular face in the crowd that I still hold bittersweet feelings toward. He stood closely behind Quan with one hand placed on his son's shoulder. He'd talked and reconciled with everyone and thankfully everyone understood why his decision was made, even Chandra admitted that she felt the same about her little angels, and that she forgave him.

But me and August were having a hard time simply because we were living in the question of what if?. What if Mel were here? What if he was still our walking blessing? What if we could still see his smiling face? What if we could rewind time, how would things have turned out then? How long would we have had him then?