|79|

Thank You

After King's Elimination
The Following Day
4:50 P.M.

August (POV)

Speaking words of wisdom to his seed, helping his seed grow into a beautiful blossom of a human being, teaching his creation the right godly way of life, showing it the path to greatness and not destruction, loving it unconditionally — that is a father's purpose. To teach, to show, to love.

I'm starting my lessons at a very young age, while my child is still in the womb of it's breathtakingly gorgeous mother.

"Hey lil man,"I cooed lowly not wanting to wake Armani from her slumber as I laid in-between her legs,"You gone be so strong lil baybeh." I continued.

"I wish dis' hea' was my setup all along. When daddy was younga' I neva' pictured dis bein' da' turn out of my life, ya' know? Like I didn't see you or yo' beautiful mama and aunty bein' in my future,"I paused looking back into my past and comparing it to my present."Thea' was always somebody labelin' me, and it was always a piece of me dat' believed what dey' was sayin' was true."

"But dey' didn't know me baybeh, dey' judge yo' daddy off his looks, not off what he had in his head-not his brains. You know yo' pops a smart ass nigga,"I chuckled a bit before wrapping my arms around Mani's waist a little tighter, bringing my head closer to her stomach,"Outsiders neva' really gave me dat' chance ta' show them hey I'm different or I'm not dis' average hood nigga dat' plan ta' waste his life in da' streets, I had dreams juss' like dey' did, it's juss' we had different ways of reachin' da' sky.

I hated how they higher class use to judge me if of my life style. I was already I messed up kid trying to make a way to the good life, but they insisted on beating me down more than I already was.

"My dreams was big man, I mean huge,"I whispered as if I was astonished,"but like I said I was a labeled ass kid, don't nobody wanna help no tattoo covered thug, let alone be around one." I shrugged remembering how people that didn't even know my story judged me like nobody's business.

"Ain' gone lie ta' ya', I was hurt,"I admitted,"I didn't understand why people downed me when all I wanted was ta' make it ta' da' high table wit' dem'."

Back then I didn't get it, but over time at a young age it settled in- the world is a cruel place to exist. It takes from you on a daily basis and even after it's taken everything away from you, even the small almost nonexistent fabrics that you don't have to offer, it laughs even harder in you your face by sending the most negative people your way only to state the obvious- letting you know you're down, but also adding small comments to say that down is where you'll stay.

Instead of help you, they make it worse on you....

"I didn't realize dat' I was fightin' fa' my dreams wrong." I kissed her flat tummy, still in awe that we made such a beautiful creation.

"I thought I had it right, I did,"I nodded a bit,"but even my dreams wasn't right. And it took one small encounter, one glance, one real ass connection ta' see dat' I was wrong."

I looked up at her peaceful face and smiled at my wake up call, before returning my attention to my other baby.

"I was fightin' fa' power, ta' be a selfish nigga juss' like everybody dat' I came across who gave me  and my family a cold shoulder, I was fightin' so I could bring my family up and become a bunch a cold mutha-so we could be mean like da' uppity folks was ta' us."