|16|

Mel, Aug, Armani, and Kali in mm

Running Out Of Time

Later that day
8:52 p.m.

Mel (POV)

I just finished up with my 'errands' for the day and finally made it back home.

By errands I mean trying to get some more information on these damn death threats, the frequency of them are getting worse by the day. It was getting so bad that I was having a hard time keeping up with them and trying to dispose of them.

I pulled up into the driveway and shut the engine off, just sitting in the car, thinking. These notes and threats had recently started back about a month ago, but why now. It's been years since I got that first threatening message; so why now after all this time. I mean why be a coward and hide behind a pen and paper instead of showing yourself like a man. We can easily hash this shit out like real niggas.

All I know is that one of us won't make it and even though he has the advantage of me not knowing who he is, I still don't plan on that someone being me that gets took out. I have too much to live for.

I climbed out the car and made it to the house, I stuck the key into the hole unlocking the door and pushing it open. I walked into the house and turned around making sure I shut and locked the door.

Upon walking into the house I noticed the eery silence that crept throughout my home. I pulled out my gun and slowly walked into the living room quickly putting my gun back in waistband once I seen Armani sitting on the couch with a broken expression on her face.

I instantly shut down my defense mode  and made my way to her. The only time I seen her this distraught and torn down was when she showed up on my doorstep the day her mother died and, of course, when I first met her. I remember it like it was yesterday, even though she tried to hide it I still seen through it. But now she wasn't even trying to confine her feelings. She was wearing them on her shoulders. She looked up at me and I could tell she'd been crying, and from the bloodshot look in her eyes she was crying for a while. I was about to ask her what was wrong, but as I observed around the living room I didn't see my babies, or hear any sign of them.

"Hey bessfran' wea' ery'body at?" She just looked at me with a hurt look before returning her attention back to the floor.

"I told'em ta' go fa' a drive, while I talk ta' ya'."

"But Kay sick ion' need ha' out hea' gettin' worse!"

"And I don't need them hea' hearin' dis' conversation eitha'."

I sat down on the couch, clapping my hands together and resting my elbows on my thighs— trying to wrap my mind around what could be so important that she had to send my family away just so she could talk about it. Don't get me wrong, I love my bestfriend to death, but I'm sure nothing she had to say was that serious. Yet, her demeanor is screaming to me that it is more than serious.

She sat back on the couch and looked straight ahead at the wall.

"Ya' know bessfren', I thank I've hurt and cried enough ta' last me a life time." She said sounding so defeated in life.

I only nodded my head, not knowing how to respond to her.

"I don't think I can take much more, ya' know?"