|63|

"When I lost you, I lost myself. The spot that I reserved for you can be filled by no one else. I miss you, but thank God you're still here. Where have you gone? To stay where it's never dark." - Maya

A Dream, It was A Dream

Later That Night
At The Hotel

Armani (POV)

I seen it, I seen it-the pain. The agony, it was glistening in her eyes, the windows to her soul showed me and I just ignored it. I looked into her smiling face and seen her suffering and did absolutely nothing to help her.

All because I didn't want to face my guilt. Now look at me, feeling more guilty now than I ever have. Who knows how long this shit has been weighing on her heart. Just sitting in the deepest darkest pits of her, making her aching spirit shine with a light that wasn't even real. We never gave her a chance to let everything out. She didn't get to let out her screeches of pain at the highest peak of the world. She's still that two year old that can't piece together her mother's face.

"Baybeh, we hea'." He looked over at me with sorrowful eyes.

I seen everyone was already out of the car and that all eyes were on me, waiting for me to get out.

"Oh,"I smiled at him,"Sorry."

I got out of the car slowly and walked behind everyone else. I really just wanted some time to think of what I could do or say to my baby. This was going to be a long trip and even though, I am her care taker, she still is my sister and I hate to have so much unfinished business lingering in the air between us.

"Alright guys I'm gonna head in through the back, what's the room number?" Quan announced.

"What? Why? You can't juss' stay wit' us." Kali whined.

"Me and August all ova' again." I thought to myself letting a smile form across my face.

"I can't go through the front with y'all Kali. King got niggas in places you wouldn't even think of, and with a huge establishment like this, I'm sure at least two of his people in there."

"But what if you can't find a way in?"

I hated to see the disappointment on Kali's face, it wasn't sitting well with me. Hell, she's been disappointed enough by people in her life.

I began thinking of something I could do so none of us would have to split up. I grabbed the keys out of August's hand and unlocked the vehicle.

Since August was always leaving his things in this car, like it was his, I knew he had something in here that Quan could put on for a little disguise.

I opened the trunk of the car and found a dark blue jacket and quickly pulled it out. I walked back over to August and took his hat off his head.

"Give me my hat back Yvette!"

"Shut up, you still in trouble." I reminded him pulling that hat over Quan's head.

"Ahh ok, I see you got heart, huh?"

He is so stupid...

"You got heart cuz', ain' gone get'cha if ya' got heart." He joked pretending to take off his belt like the man in Baby Boy did.

"Kali you too, ion' discriminate, juss' cause you cute don't mean I won't beat'cho lil tail too!" He mugged turning towards Quantre and cocked his neck to the side," What? Quan you want some too, cause you lookin' a lil froggy since I said some bout' Kali."