|52|

The Secrets She Kept

The Next Morning
April 1, 2016
9:45 A.M

August (POV)

"Ya' all mine my love." I whispered to a peacefully sleeping Armani.

I've been up for about an hour but I couldn't bring myself to leave her side. I've just been lying here next to her, taking in her glowing skin and listening to her soft snores.

Last night was the best night of my life. I found someone that I love and that someone loves me just as hard as I love her. She gave me her temple to call my own, she allowed me to show her how love is suppose to feel.

"My baybeh girl," I smiled caressing her cheek, "Im gone give you da' world."

Sprung, whipped, whatever you wanna call it. Is what I was right now. I was in love, a hood nigga that got lucky, was in love. Not only that, but the girl in my sheets was the baddest in the game man— loyal loving and humble......and ass for days!

It don't get no better than this. The only thing missing now, was my Kali bug, and my football team, but we gone work on that.

"My queen."

I ran my fingers over all the scars that were like pale marks on her skin and smiled. My baby was so strong and had overcome so much; I was proud to call a strong independent person like Mani my woman. The bullet wounds she had were a dark shade of brown, but even they couldn't take away the beauty that her presence alone was giving off. She was just.....stunning, amazing, irresistible.

And I had the privilege of calling her mine.

My phone started to vibrate on the nightstand next to the bed we shared and I hurriedly picked it up before it disturbed Mani's peaceful slumber.

Examining the screen, I seen our mama's name flashing across the top and swiped the answer key.

"Hey mama...." I sighed, smiling, looking down at Mani.

"Boy get'cho in love ass on some'wea, wea' my daughta'?"

"She right hea' sleepin' ha' life away," I chuckled,"She pretty tie'd."

"Did you hurt my baybeh Aug? Cause if you hurt ha' I'm beatin' asses. She bet not be crawlin', limpin', none'a dat'."

"Well I can't promise da-,"

"You heard what I said."

Laughing I repositioned the phone on my ear,"Yea I heard ya' mama."

She laughed at her silliness as well before sighing of contentment,"I'm juss' so happy ta' have em' back Aug. You know I luh' these damn girls."

"They luh' you too mama, I know they was happy ta' see yo' face afta' all these years."

"Yeah, I juss' hate dat' we had ta' sacrifice and miss so much, and my baybehs had ta' face it all alone."

"I know," I sighed,"I didn't wanna do it mama ya' know I didn't, I juss' couldn't lose nobody else...especially not them."

"I know baybeh boy, I know."

"Juss' thought dat' was da' best option, since I didn't have too many."

But it wasn't the best, it was the worst decision I could have ever possibly made. As I look at her now I think about the times me and her could have had if I would have returned like I promised. We could be married with children right now, Kali wouldn't have to hide her hurt that I see everyday I look at her smiling little face. Even though I have made amends — and I do have them back — I know that many things can be forgiven, but not forgotten. Never forgotten. But I pray that one day I can truly get back to where we once were.