|33|

Long As Ya' Come Back

December 31, 2010
Day of departure
6:32 a.m.

August (POV)

I woke up feeling a new sense of peace in my heart towards the world. I had my girls in my arms and was planning on getting us to the life we've always wanted and deserved.

It was pretty early so I didn't plan on getting up just yet, nor did I plan on waking up my loves at the moment.

All I really wanted to do was just think and observe a few things, something I picked up from Kali and Mani of course.

Letting my eyes bounce and roam around the room, I began to think about the world for some reason.

All the people in it, all the places I wanted to explore one day, how life switches up on you.

Even though it's pretty damn cold and tough out here, I've found something to make me see it in a whole new light. Yes, the world may be a place full of trials and tribulations, but sometimes when there's a little ray of hope and sunshine the world will give birth to a blessing. A blessing thats filled with love and light to shine on this world. Lucky for me I actually found two of those rays.

In life we tend to tarnish and step on the blessings God gave to us. The people who are good, are the ones we treat like nothing,yet, they still find a reason to be happy.

When Kali and Mani came our way they were so stepped on you could hardly recognize them, but with all our love and adoration they've been able to recover with only a few scars left.

But I'll help to heal those up as well...

These past few years have made me realize you only have one shot at greatness and when you have it, you better take it before its gone.

I looked down at my girls and smiled down at them before remembering what was happening today. I was leaving them. I got my shot at greatness and I took it.

I was actually getting signed to Def Jam, all thanks to some videos I would sing and put on YouTube when I was young.

To be honest if it wasn't for Mel and Mani encouraging me to do it, I most likely would have never posted them in the first place.

I had been turning down Def Jam for so long, but by the grace of God they stuck around until I finally decided they were exactly what I needed.

What I need to keep my promises.

The only downfall is I have to move all the way to Atlanta, Georgia; away from all the people I care about....away from her.

"Hardest shit eva' bruh." I sighed and slowly rose up from the bed, not wanting to wake them.

I walked over to the doorframe and turned around leaning up against it, just so I could watch them as they slept. I smiled when they snuggled into each other, as they always did when they were in the bed together.

I stood there until my vision became blurry from not blinking, afraid that I would miss something I wanted to remember.

"Ya' gone miss'em huh?" I heard my mother's voice come from behind me.

"Yea, yea I am." I spoke softly never removing my gaze from them.

"C'mon."

"Wea' we goin'?"