|58|

Trusted Foes

April 3, 2016
2:00 P.M.

Armani (POV)

After I gave August the run down of everything I had learned yesterday, he decided it would be best for us to take a break.

A well needed break from all this violence and killing for a while, and I didn't mind it not one bit. Even though the whole family couldn't come out and enjoy this day of relaxation with us, it still felt good to have my boys with me.

When we we're younger me, Aug, Trav, Jamal, Kali, and of course Melly B would always have the deepest most meaningful conversations about any and everything when we linked up. They taught us how to never let nobody get the best of us. They made that little piece of childhood I did have left a great one and I'm thankfully that I came back to them. I honestly thought I would never see my family again, nor would Kali. But now that I got them back I'm not letting a wanna be King come in between us ever again. My family was never the ideal family, but when a real King came along with my prince charming, those people didn't matter because I had my real family. The family that God had wanted me and Kali to be with all along.

I looked up from my sand covered toes to the water and smiled at my little sister throwing water at her favorite man. I then looked over at him and almost spit out my damn drink looking at August's wet body splashing in the water with Kali. The way he was built and that smile was absolutely perfect.

He sees all this beauty in me, but I wonder what does he see in himself. Because when I look at that man I see nothing but flawless. I see a faultless man that even when he messes up something, he still has done no wrong in my eyes.

My baby is a perfect, skinny swole, handsome, self made thug.....and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Oh shit, I'm drownin', I'm dyin'!" He yelled causing me to jump up, but once I seen what was really going on the only reaction I could muster up was to narrow my eyes in utter confusion.

"No Auggie Pooh, you good, juss' stand up ok." Kali tried to persuade him.

"Kali! Guh' you betta' help me, ain' ready ta' go!"

While he had a heart attack in the water I was laughing myself into a damn coma right now. This nigga say he drowning when they are only a few inches away from where the tides come in. If he simply stands up the water would be right below his torso.

"Babe ju-juss' stand up!"

"Mani? Baybeh is dat' chu?! I hea' you, but I can't see you!" He yelled as he splashed around in the water trying to follow my voice.

"Open yo' damn eyes boy!"

"Y'all see how she do meh', I'm in my final moments and she makin' me mo' scared by yellin'."

By now Kali was out of the water and standing next to me shaking her head in disappointment at August while he continued to be a damsel in distress.

"Bae please stand-,"

"Hea' I come brotha'!"

Before I could even finish my sentence Travis was rushing to the ocean as fast as he could, with all the determination in the world..... Looking like a chicken with his head cut off— in other words a damn fool.

"Trav! Trav! Das' you?! See I knew you was gone come save me."

"I gotchu' bruh, hold on ta' me aight?"

"Da' water too deep bruh, ween' gone make it out! " Aug yelled.

Funny thing is, as he was saying that Trav had already taken two steps and those two steps had landed the both of them back on the sandy beach.